Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dynamite 3835 1500Kv

Some cans, like the dyna3835 1500, have a step machined on the inside so that the stator is pushed in to the step to set it's position. Others like the AQ are just one inside diameter, and you have to measure where it goes before you glue it.

So it depends on how your can is made. You could heat the can and push the stator in deeper if yours doesn't have that step. That would leave more room at the rear to machine off.

At $26 you don't have a lot to lose.

Thanks. Heat gun should do it I guess. Keep the temp gun handy. They spared no expense on thread lock for the 2.5mm bolts... buggers....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Temp gun??? why? as long as you don't melt the case, your probably ok.

I use a soldering gun on loctited screws. Heat em till they smoke, and they'll come right out.

lol, ok, thanks!
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have been running the Dymn 3835- 1500 kv motor in my restricted rigger running on 0 timing degrees as i thought this motor was a D wind , this motor / esc and battery pack run very cool so would i gain anymore speed if i raised the timing to the desired 15 degress ? or just leave it set at 0 degrees ?

on a "Y" wind you will gain RPM with more timing, with a slight loss in torque.

So - Yes you should gain more speed.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thanks Larry. just wondering if the slight loss in torque with higher timing would benefit ? at present the timing is set to Auto and i am swinging a slightly larger prop than others are using with the same set up and hull, so the loss in torque would possibly mean i would have to go to a slightly smaller sized prop to compensate for this.

Ronald
    Prop size - I swing a CNC-448mm 3blade on a 29" DF mono.
    An other blade that I run is a ABC- 1915 -17-45

These big blades are for racing, so check your heat in your setup.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Larry, i am running an x648 on the jae/21 fe rigger with the auto timing set, motor / esc and 4s battery pack come in cool after 6 race laps. i might try the timing at 15 to see if the motor can still swing that prop with low temps. would like to also try an x447 x 3 prop and the abc you said..

Ronald,

While raising the timing "might" decrease the torque, it will be a small amount and it should do so mostly in the low to zero rpm range. And that's the range of the motor that we boaters do not use. At the normal running rpm, I'll bet that you "might" see a slight increase in torque/power. Remember for a given current the motor makes a certain amount of power, and changes in timing will usually just reshape the power curve, by moving the power peak higher or lower in that curve. In most cases higher in the curve is better because that's where we operate or motors and like with your case using a free running hydro, the rpm will be even higher than say a draggy mono. Remember too that we want to run our motors at between 75 to 80% of it's peak unloaded rpm. That's typically the place where you'll make the most power and the least heat.

Being a rainy day and looking for something to do rather than clean and organize my workbench I am reading. Well worth my time and all should thank Don for the info.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234