Thread: robbe sea jet evolution help

Default robbe sea jet evolution help

hey guys, a buddy built a sea jet evo and is having a few issues and its been sitting for yrs and I figured we'd get it going. its new and been in the water for a trial run and never worked right. so the setup he had was Roxxy BL-Motor Inrunner 2845/07 2600KV motors running on 3s with aquacraft 60 amp speedos. turning stock props. i'll have to look to see if I can find the dia and pitch. the speedos are hooked to a y and are plugged into one channel on the rx with the pos of one esc pulled. the pos and neg wires running to the battery are also in a y. the boat in the youtube vid he showed me that made him buy it was 4s powered. so the problem is that one motor always stops working. I swapped the left and right esc's and it still seems to be the one motor. although if I run either esc with said motor without the other it runs fine. I'm kinda at a loss of what to do. he bought 100 amp esc's but it doesn't really seem like something is wrong with the old ones. not sure the hull could hold more than one pack either. any help would be greatly appreciated . carl

May be late reply but I just read the post:
    I have one and use 2x50Amp Flycolor ESC with Y connector to the throttle channel BUT I never (because I forgot) remove the RED wire from one of the two ESC. It works fine however. Did you calibrate EACH ESC by itself?
    Your 2 Roxxy 2845/07 2600KV motors should be alright. I believe the stock props are 34mm 1.4P which I lost one because the left prop still use the normal thread, so it loosen itself when I ran 4S.
    I normally run 3S 5000mAh 50C pack and it hops at top speed, so I add a temporary plastic trim tabs to test. The hop went away but it now runs wet and causes the top speed and also it won't get on the plane as fast.
    After the run, I always have a few tablespoon of water which leaks through the solid drive shaft (brass sleeve, no nylon tube). I fit the silicone to the cover half the shaft and about 1/2" on the tube on the motor end but still leak.
    I ended up installing two auto-bailer.

I am now building the Robbe Wet Bike.
    Last edited by tanasit; 06-08-2018 at 04:03 PM.

thanks for the reply tanasit, i did calibrate each esc separately, maybe its one of them but i couldn't really narrow it down to one. my buddy bought two new 120 amp ones. no doubt over kill but we will see what it does when i find some time to install them

After seeing many videos of the jetski I was mightily impressed with its performance (especially on 4s). However, it seems long out of production and with shipping included plus final touches the all up cost would exceed that of a nice fast electric mono or cat build. Fun to have but not financially sensible.

The aquacraft 60 amp ESC will not work on 3s. It need 4s. If it the same 60 amp from the revolt. And the motor kV is to high for 4s. If you will run a decent prop and 4s. Allow KV motor like 1800kv will be good with the aquacraft. Or one of those other ESC should work with the 3s. Keep prop with 2600 kV and 3s. 35 to 38mm.

IMG_8391 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_8394 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_8396 (Medium).jpg
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0XbZloZjQc&t=17s
    Last edited by tanasit; 06-16-2018 at 07:14 AM.