Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Namba Voting for Modification and Additions for Electric 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydro"

And what class do we run at the nats?????
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Great idea under the circumstances fellas.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

NAMBA BOD should rescind the rule since it was presented under false pretense- they admitted to never teching any of it in the "trial period".
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    And what class do we run at the nats?????
    Which nats Mike? Are you heading down for 2 classes a day for 8 days?

For our nats up here I've been told under no circumstances are we going to run anything outside of the IMPBA rules. Correct motors and registrations are an absolute must. Drive dog position . What ever is in there.
    Noisy person

Double again. Dang it!

NOBODY wants that job Brian.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by don ferrette View Post
    NAMBA BOD should rescind the rule since it was presented under false pretense- they admitted to never teching any of it in the "trial period".
    There aren't 57 scale FE guys but for a minute let's say there are. How do those extra 300 guys that voted for this feel about it now I wonder.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    There aren't 57 scale FE guys but for a minute let's say there are. How do those extra 300 guys that voted for this feel about it now I wonder.
    I actually voted "yes" on this before this thread even became alive. A case of don't know anything... but figured I'd trust the BODs and those racing the class whom wrote the proposal knew what was best.

I've had that pushed down my throat lately...
    Have fun with that....

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

People shouldn't vote on things that have no effect on the classes they run.

That's why they by passed Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    People shouldn't vote on things that have no effect on the classes they run.
    Don't feel that's totally fair. Maybe its on something a person may want to fun in the future.

Myself... no. I'm just trying to be an evolved participant in the process.

Funny how many want more participation and votes cast on important issues, but when things don't go the way they want... this is what we start to hear.

With all that said... I do honestly wish I had waited a little longer to cast my vote. And I do believe this discussion should have been taking place before the rule was sent out for vote...

But what do I know...? I over talk and over analysis everything.
    See what happens when you don't have people like me involved to analyze and talk about things?

Okay... that was seriously just a joke. I have to put it out there because it just makes me laugh. But it IS said tongue in cheek.

But, I'm out of this conversation. I know nothing and will just sit back with my popcorn.
    Have fun with that....

It's VERY easy to see how something like this can happen if you read the NAMBA rule regarding the amendment process. Section 7. Unless the process is changed the chance of something like this happening again is 100%.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Maybe something good will come out of this mess.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    Maybe something good will come out of this mess.
    I'm confident that if it doesn't it won't be for the lack of somebody trying
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    It's VERY easy to see how something like this can happen if you read the NAMBA rule regarding the amendment process. Section 7. Unless the process is changed the chance of something like this happening again is 100%.
    Annnndddd he's back! Now your favorite blowhard is posting on I/W about FE limits overall. NAMBA is F'd if they don't adopt some rules to give their BOD some teeth to stop stupid stuff like what just happened and what will continue to happen with those clowns running loose..........
    Futaba Team Driver

Why does anyone care? Who is this Bozo?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Why does anyone care? Who is this Bozo?
    We care because he and a couple others are totally F'n things up in NAMBA. Why care even if we're IMPBA? Well for openers FE 1/8th scale was one of the classes the boats could easily cross over between orgs (yes there were guys running both), rules were virtually the same. Now they've made anything over 8S illegal as well as created limits for Kv, mah, C ratings and even prop size. Not to mention the guy who penned the rule sells the stuff they are now required to run. Let that sink in for a moment...........
    Futaba Team Driver

I get the cross organizational thingy...I'd love to see that as well. I guess I should have just asked the second part of the question.

I did some reading on I/W today... The "Electric Rules" thread... Good stuff...

There was some discussion in there about how IMPBA has mechanisms in place for the BODs to pull rule proposals if they think they are not good while NAMBA does not have that mechanism.

Brings up two questions:

1.) How did the NAMBA BODs pull the P-Limited motor proposal a few months back? The one which would have change the current list to the dimensional limits of 37mm x 62mm. I'll assume the answer may be that the individual(s) whom submitted the proposal pulled it, but looking for some clarification.

2.) I now fully get that the IMPBA BODs had/has the authority to pull any P-Limited/Spec motor proposals they don't like. But what mechanism is in place for the IMPBA BODs to take a P-Limited/Spec motor proposal and set rules for a FE Nationals event without a membership vote? Maybe they're being done as demonstration classes??? I'll assume there will be no IMBPA FE National Titles or anything like that since there is no motor rule in the book. Again... looking for some clarification.
    Have fun with that....

This may well spell the end of NAMBA FE east of California. The ease with which the scale rules were floated in is an indication of what could follow. The whole limits for all idea would be easy to pass too. It would stop any cross over racing between orgs.
    Noisy person

"You should have included a rule that required the bearings be lubricated with the souls of dead spiders."...I almost pissed myself when I read this!!!!

Dave, The P-ltd motor proposal was pulled by the club/district that put it forward after the 1415 compacts came into existence. That wasn't the direction I think any of us wanted the class to go.

1. Why would you build an FE 1/8 for your first FE boat? That's not the best starting place.
    2. The club that proposed the change doesn't travel and their boats were legal under the old rule. Why change the national rule set?
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

This souls of dead spiders thing. I hope that's all species. And have you tried to find any? I'm afraid to do a Google search.
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 05-21-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Dave, The P-ltd motor proposal was pulled by the club/district that put it forward after the 1415 compacts came into existence. That wasn't the direction I think any of us wanted the class to go.

1. Why would you build an FE 1/8 for your first FE boat? That's not the best starting place.
    2. The club that proposed the change doesn't travel and their boats were legal under the old rule. Why change the national rule set?
    1. I think there are a number of gas/nitro guys that have experience building these scale boats and want to get into FE but are intimidated by the knowledge necessary to put the right electronics in the boat.
    2. I agree with you there. That whole thing doesn't make much sense. But I guess that will need some time to play out. Will this new rule set cause these guys to start traveling? Will this new rule cause more some cross over from gas/nitro? and thus the gas/nitro guys whom already travel may start to build more boats to fit these rules.

Thank you Brian for answering my question # 1 in regard to the NAMBA proposal that was pulled.
    Now let's see if anyone from IMPBA steps up to answer question # 2 from post 139.
    Have fun with that....

Moderator hat on.
    Moved IMPBA posts here. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...cussion/page11

Any more IMPBA related posts on this thread will be deleted.
    Please post in the appropriate forum fellas.

Thanks in advance,
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Ah, the good old days! Don't ask, don't tell! The ignorance is strong with this one.

Sorry about all the posts guys. I just need to hang out with some people who still like me.
    Sorta like a couple that were way over charging at nats in Washington..

Jim,
    I've been looking at that as an option, it's not a bad one. It actually makes some sense, it would give the boats built under the new rule two places to play. I've got lots going on offline with this. I'm doing what I can. There's certainly precedent for it.

Hey Newland! Do you want your job back?
    Lmfao he’s racing sailboats

I voted no.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345