Thread: What are some good motors to replace the stock motors in a Traxxas Spartan ?

Default What are some good motors to replace the stock motors in a Traxxas Spartan ?

I’m looking to find some motors to replace the stock motor in my Spartan. What would be a better upgrade . Would the sss 3674 be a good one ? Thanks in advance , Indy

A 4082 Leopard 1600kV motor is a popular upgrade for the Spartan, along with a bigger ESC. That is, assuming you're looking to run it on 6S lipo's.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I have a Spartan hull and some Parts that I'm thinking about posting up for sale. Found it out in the garage

Thanks for your suggestions I am planning on using stock esc . I was just curious if the sss motor would be a good replacement . And I wasn’t sure what the stock motor specs were either . And didn’t know what sss motor kv to get if it was a good choice . I’m fine running the stock esc with 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by F150indy View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions I am planning on using stock esc . I was just curious if the sss motor would be a good replacement . And I wasn’t sure what the stock motor specs were either . And didn’t know what sss motor kv to get if it was a good choice . I’m fine running the stock esc with 4s.
    Best to stay with what you have then really. Stock motor is a 3682 1800kv or that's what they use to have.

Ok thanks for the info much appreciated !:)