Thread: DF29 Mono Video in Heavy Wind

Default DF29 Mono Video in Heavy Wind

Hi All, I'm finally figuring out this GoPro camera I got. I have it mounted on my head. I'm quite a distance from where the boat is running and the vid is mostly at 3X zoom, so kinda grainy. I should be driving the boat from the side of this course, but its quite a walk. I but can hardly see the far turn, so I guess I just need to hike on over there. The wind was gusting up to 20mph on this day, but the water is in decent shape. This boat has two, 4S@5000mah battery packs running in parallel for 10,000mah run. I cut this video short, it runs for nearly 10 minutes. It has a T180 ESC turning a Leopard 4074 2200kv motor. I'm running the small prop, a Prather B215. Since putting in so much battery, I've had to re-balance the boat's CG. This run looks pretty good and includes a small stinger adjustment upwards. I really like running this little boat. Working on it is difficult because everything is so close, glad to have it worked out pretty closely now. Time to prop up to an M445 or ABC 1715-17-45!

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/Fon9jIi9SyM

nice vid Craig! the DF29 mono is one of, if not thee best boats I've owned. stable and FAST! i run a similar but older setup in mine, a Castle 120 with a 7XL Feigao and(i think) an X645 prop. speed is in the upper 50's. once you get the strut, tabs, and prop right, she really comes on. prop up you'll be pleasantly surprised, then post another vid
    OPP Racing "Other Peoples Parts!"
    Island Boys Fast Electrics

That’s weird, I was just reviewing that boat! I’ve got a Leopard 3674 2200kv in there on 4S now. But I’m thinking of dropping the kv to 1700 and trying the 1816-17-45 ABC that I have. I’ve got an 1815-17-45 too, in case that 1.6 is a bit much. You’re right, it’s a very stable boat once weighted correctly. I have about 60g on weight high on the port side, by the stern. The boat balances on its keel nicely and runs with no lean at full throttle. I first ran it as a 6s boat, 3, 2s cells in series. Actually that’s the best it’s ran. I had a 1400kv motor in it at that time. But I had 4 batteries, so I dropped it to 4s to have another set to run, more fun on the water.

Very versatile boat, I prop it way small for new drivers, and they love it! I’ll get another vid with the motor change and big prop on it. Thanks for watching!