Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motor leads

Yeah, you can do that with just one turn. But I bet for the "Y connection" where all three are brought together they have a flat copper piece in there and the ends of the wire come up through it and are soldered. I just don't see there being enough room to twist them together and solder. I have seen pictures of other motors done that way.

Ray, On this site they show a mix of Y and D, some 1 and some 1.5 turns, but no more than that. In some of the pictures you can see that there are only two strands in the leads. I don't see how they got the wire through the slots on the 1.5 winds cause that means there are two passes, one from each direction,in each slot

well, i forgot to include the link...

https://www.scorpionsystem.com/catal.../IS_2830_4650/

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I like how Scorpion stuffed 1.2mm wire into their motors and they are all 1Y winds.
    That's why I prefer Scorpion motors for my best planes. One going into a Sig 4*60.

Quote Originally Posted by donhuff View Post
    Yeah, you can do that with just one turn. But I bet for the "Y connection" where all three are brought together they have a flat copper piece in there and the ends of the wire come up through it and are soldered. I just don't see there being enough room to twist them together and solder. I have seen pictures of other motors done that way.

Ray, On this site they show a mix of Y and D, some 1 and some 1.5 turns, but no more than that. In some of the pictures you can see that there are only two strands in the leads. I don't see how they got the wire through the slots on the 1.5 winds cause that means there are two passes, one from each direction,in each slot
    I've got a 3445-2200kv waiting to go in my ML GRX310. I'll try both the Scorpion and the spec blue 2000kv in it.

Kinda wish I got a 2470kv instead...
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have an ESC with 2 1/4" motor wires. Can I lengthen them 1 1/2" before putting on connectors to plug into the ones on the motor? All the same length? In other words does it hurt to lengthen the ESC wires to the motor?

It's better to make those longer instead of battery leads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12