Thread: I'm so lost.....

Default I'm so lost.....

Hello people...my name is Lyle edwards, I've jump right in fast electric boating..it started out with venom pool boat.by the next week I bought a spartan on 6s and fell in love with rc boating..first run was at legg lake..not knowing anything about rescue boats namba or anything until I read the signs at legg lake..after I had finished my first battery pack .knowing at that time I was in violation I went home...by the following week I sold some old jewelry and bought a traxxas m41...working on them I found to be easy..so I up the anty and bought a exceed 51" mono "FE" Conversion..now the problems..can't get rc to bind with boat..even after trying new rc and receiver..boat still won't bind..I NEED HELP..LOOKING FOR A GOOD BOAT TECH FOR MY RC BOATS..IM IN LOS ANGELES..SO IF ANY ONE IS CLOSE WANT TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY PLEASE EMAIL ME..LYLE_EDWARDS1@AOL.COM..THANKS

My shop is in Torrance - I will e-mail you shortly

Tony
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Can’t get any better help than Tony Heller! I advise you to bring your notebook and take notes...

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Can’t get any better help than Tony Heller! I advise you to bring your notebook and take notes...
    better yet bring a recorder . .it will be worth it

Thanks Tony!! Just got messages...see you soon

Still need help!! Mr Heller couldn't help in the situation I'm in...I'm looking for some one who does it all ,at least the mechanics. I have boats running 24s,12s,and 8s...56"cat,51"mono and 32" pro marine skater ×2...as well as a zelos 48 that needs body work.. I have a new hull that needs to be reinforced and the electronics put in...so again if there is anyone in los angeles that is good rc boats and want to makes some extra money..
    Lyle_edwards1@aol.com

Lyle, I guess I’m confused. You have some big boats there... Are you new to the hobby and that’s where you started, or have you always had someone else do the boats for you? If you’re new, then you’ve bitten off quite a chunk there. Most of us do our own work, I think for the vast majority of us, that is more satisfying then running them!

I would suggest trying to do your own boat support. There is so much help here! Another suggestion is to go to some of the local races, you may find someone that could be a mentor for you... I hope you get those boats running soon, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Most of us do our own work, I think for the vast majority of us, that is more satisfying then running them!
    Craig is spot on here. I have R/C everything...air, land, water. Part of the fun with it all is fixing things/solving issues, plus you gain useful knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Craig is spot on here. I have R/C everything...air, land, water. Part of the fun with it all is fixing things/solving issues, plus you gain useful knowledge.
    And all the Tools!
    I hope my grandsons can take care of my fleet when i'm out sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwet View Post
    And all the Tools!
    I hope my grandsons can take care of my fleet when i'm out sea.
    Hope is a good thing! But you’d better make that boat look like an iPad, lol!

i still have yet to use my Thunder Power Stator remover tool for an on road racer i have, it's the only brushl-ess rebuild-able Motor (Z3) i have.
    it's wild what these phones can do, maybe, just maybe they'll put in a polite manners app for these phones, have not seen one yet. HA!
    on that note, the "C" clip tool is most useful.