Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a cheetah

Talk about a nice place to run!!! Wow. Every new place I can run my boats is like playing a new golf course. Your boat is amazing. I love that paint scheme. What kv are you running ?

Yeah I guess I am pretty lucky too, that spot is 5mins away from me at our local Rowing Club where there are two wicked boat launching docks, just gotta be sure the rowers are off the water of course, evenings are best. My 185 does have a pretty incredible looking paintjob that has some airbrushing and that is why I feel I am already tempting fate pushing it to 100 but it really seems so stable, it's just up to me to not run it if the conditions are nothing but perfect. Motors in that boat are LMT 3060/8 for 875Kv with MGM40063 esc's, what amazes me about this setup is how cool (sorry I don't have the exact temp on hand) it runs even in the summer, it's just a monstrous boat when loaded with cells and I can barely get it to the water on my own without throwing my back out! Gotta keep my fitness up at the local gym just to be able to run it LOL! I just love that boat and it's such an occasion when I run it. I run my smaller but still pretty large MHZ 138 for speedier runs with LMT 3040/9 1167Kv on 10S for speeds up to 118mph, planning on 11S soon, wish me luck...that hull is just murdered out all-black, actually the previous owner called it "Murder Mystic".

Man, that's a beautiful looking paint job and runs so well. I can understand not pushing it but isn't it all about how fast you can get it to run. When you choose your components it's for a reason and you want to see how much you can push it. But, it's understandable if you're happy with the speeds without pushing it then you've achieve your goals and no need to push it and chance damaging it in a hard crash. . . .beautiful boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Man, that's a beautiful looking paint job and runs so well. I can understand not pushing it but isn't it all about how fast you can get it to run. When you choose your components it's for a reason and you want to see how much you can push it. But, it's understandable if you're happy with the speeds without pushing it then you've achieve your goals and no need to push it and chance damaging it in a hard crash. . . .beautiful boat.
    I hear ya totally but the reason I am not pushing to full potential is just because of the vast amount of funds that went into it, a crash in a normal sized hull can be pretty devastating at 70mph, I've split every seam on my other Cheetah in crashes around those speeds but a boat this size and weight at 100mph can easily be a total loss. When I first started running it I had one "lift off" while slowing down at the end of a long pass and was crazy just how far it traveled before coming to a stop, I was really lucky. Actually I am "pushing" the boat at 100mph anyways, seems to be the perfect mix of speed and excitement and TBH 100 or 110 there's not much difference to the eye anyways. Like I said above I use my MHZ 138 for top speed runs, have a good amount of loot in that boat too but I would rather risk a crash in that than my flagship, boats in that size range seem to have the best top speeds anyways. You really have to see what a tank the 185 is in person, a crash would be total carnage at top speed.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

I’m with you Steve... I bet you have a huge investment in time, and seeing that evaporate would be very heart breaking. Plus Cats just get squirrelly sometimes, they have a mind of their own! It IS a beautiful and impressive build, I hope you have gobs of fun running it!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    I’m with you Steve... I bet you have a huge investment in time, and seeing that evaporate would be very heart breaking. Plus Cats just get squirrelly sometimes, they have a mind of their own! It IS a beautiful and impressive build, I hope you have gobs of fun running it!
    Thanks Craig! It's funny how we can enjoy something so much in spite of the fact that it's really nothing but pure adrenaline and to a degree pure stress LOL! I get choked when I crash anything let-alone something like this...FE really is about risk management ;-)

Wow !! Great experience buying from lone wolf. Great packing job. Speedy shipping. thanks again very happy with my purchase.

Awesome! Really glad you are happy, I look forward to seeing her run and winning some races! Have a great time out there!

I’m sad to report that I destroyed my mti which means I’ll be listing the cheetah I just got from you for sale to replace my big boat. Sad

Oh no! What happened?...straight into shore? Very sorry to hear about this but accidents happen and I hope nobody was hurt.

Justin, was this an out of control radio?

No not radio. blow over hull is destroyed

What a total bummer, it's happened to me too and I also have alot of ruined hatches that were not reinforced. To lose the entire hull really sucks, sorry for your loss. Are you going to rebuild same model of hull or something else?

No going 57 skater full carbon fiber It is a hole that I can use all existing hardware

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12