Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a cheetah

Default Need a cheetah

Twin or single pref t180 amp esc and upgrade motor

I've got a nice single Cheetah that I could part with. I bought it off a quality boat builder over on the KBB forum last year, really well built with extra carbon layup, TP4070 1650Kv motor and a T-180. Not sure what the rules are on this part of the forum but feel free to PM me if the rules allow. I can take some pics if interested.

ok I read some rules in the swap shop looks like you can just post to this thread. they just don't want it done in pm anymore

OK will put up some pics here shortly...

Just took some pics, here ya go! A couple of things to mention, first, hatch has 6 holes for hatch bolts, there are 4 additional holes in the hatch so I could use this reinforced hatch with my other dual Cheetah. If you want I can fill them in nicely and you would not even know they were there. Second, small bit of gelcoat damage on the outer edge of one sponson, I figure this happened after hitting a floating stick but to be honest I never even noticed when it happened, hull has certainly never been crashed, see underside photos. The gelcoat should be an easy repair, again if interested I can do this for you and get it looking perfect on that one spot that is about 1" in size. Other than the hatch and that annoying mishap, the entire boat is basically like new. Esc needs to have connectors soldered back on as I was using this hull with an MGM esc, this T-180 has been sitting around for some time and was only used in my dual Cheetah on 4S. Flex is .187 with 3/16 shaft. Everything you see is included, all that is needed to finish is a servo, receiver and a few feet of watercooling hose that I will supply and route for you. Boat has really been just sitting for almost a year, I don't need to sell it and I kind of hate to but if you want to work out a fair deal I am open to it. Let me know if pics are acceptable and if I missed anything...oh and decals are easily removed and not under clearcoat.
    IMG_9712 smaller.jpgIMG_9713smaller.jpgIMG_9716smaller.jpgIMG_9717smaller.jpgIMG_9719smaller.jpg

Last edited by Lone-Wolf; 02-20-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Looks good what version is the t180 if you don’t know that’s ok. Your second post did not send pictures through I assume they pictures of the electronics. With repairs what were you thinking for price.

Just tried to re-upload in the post above, looks like it worked.

Esc is second version, this one will serve you well I am sure unless you get silly with big props and 6S. If you really want to push this setup down the road I would recommend something beefier.

Anyways, with repairs I would accept $500+shipping, would do my best to get the lowest rate and would arrive through USPS...I think that is a really fair deal factoring in the build time/effort and the hardware etc, it would be nice to see it go to a home that will enjoy it.

If you are up for it I can start on the repairs tomorrow and won't take long.

I can see that it’s a nice build. Im planning on running this in p offshore 4s max I’m wondering if 1650kv is too low. Would you have any interest in excluding the motor from the sale.
    Last edited by centralrcmystic; 02-21-2018 at 12:03 AM.

OK great, SOLD to you! I'll PM you my paypal now...wait just saw your edited post. I could do it minus the motor but I can say this thing screamed on 4S, seemed easily more than fast enough for ovals and had to watch the throttle to keep it on the water. If you want I could do one of the following;
    1) Send hull with motor and you try it out, could charge $400 for now and if you want the motor then $500...or whatever price we agree on for the motor.
    2) Just send everything without the motor as you asked.

TBH 6S and even 5S seemed too much in terms of keeping this hull on the water, yeah you can dial it in to run wetter but she was a handful even for 4S and a prop like an ABC 1715 or X447.

I'm OK either way, I am pretty sure you will be impressed with the motor but no pressure.

Let me know what you think.

Did you see my edited post about the 1650kv motor?? Thoughts

Yes just edited my own response above, typing at the same time ;-)

4s is 14.8v x 1650=24420rpm my group races around 28000-33,000rpm on 4s. Let’s go option 2 esc hull and hardware. I appreciate you working with me I have the same motor in my 10th hydro

Guess you’ll have to get shipping quote to 77382 soo I can get you paid

OK sounds like you know what you want and I can appreciate that. PM me your address and I'll get the price figured out in the morning and we'll go from there. Will get to work on those repairs too...thanks!

Will do. I discuss motor with group and get consensus pm comming now

Let’s just do the boat without the motor. Is that ok . Can’t wait to get her. Pack her up good.

Yes no motor, no problems, so $420+$60 shipping = $480

Don't worry about the packing, I do it all the time with my business and I will make double sure it is perfectly packed afterall she deserves it. I'm excited for you.

Looks like a quality build and an awesome deal for sure. Steve, who built it?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I’m excited to bring her into the Heart of Texas model boat club ranks. She’ll have a lot of laps ahead of her.lol

Ok payment sent but it did a conversion to Canada funds. Is that correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Looks like a quality build and an awesome deal for sure. Steve, who built it?
    Shawn Swain was the builder, I forget his forum name but he has some pretty stellar builds under his belt. At the time I wasn't even looking then his Cheetah came up and I just couldn't resist. Only reason I am selling is because I'm more of a twin guy, if there were actually people around me that could form some kind of a Club with spec classes I would certainly be into keeping it. I wish my twin Cheetah was as well built!

Quote Originally Posted by centralrcmystic View Post
    Ok payment sent but it did a conversion to Canada funds. Is that correct ?
    Oh yeah totally fine, Canadian Peso's work for me ;-)

Payment received, many thanks.

Epoxy/repair time, stay tuned.

image.jpg
    Here my only twin it’s pretty fast lol

Great looking boat, I love the transom overhang, looks great. TP's in there?

Yup 5860’s 650kv , wish I had gone with 800kv though

I will need the motor coupler I just ordered a tp4070 2080kv

Quote Originally Posted by centralrcmystic View Post
    Yup 5860’s 650kv , wish I had gone with 800kv though
    Well at least you have decent runtime I'm sure. What kind of speeds are you getting out of it on various cell counts?

Will make sure the coupler is in there for sure...I would have sent it anyways but thanks for the reminder.

My only reading was 87.6 but I had a lot more trigger left. Just haven’t found the right spot to open her up.

That's awesome, love the sound! Great spot to run there, I've seen lots of vids over the years from that spot wherever it is.

Since we're posting vid's I wanna share a cool one with you (and anyone else reading here) of my flagship boat, MHZ 185. I've got it setup to run right at 100 reliably, this is the only boat I have that has more in it but just don't care to try! I'm only getting about 4 mins of runtime on 12S2P/side, actually I now bring it in once it hits 3:30. Anyways, enjoy the vid...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast