Thread: Who’s interested in a Zelos single build thread?

Default Who’s interested in a Zelos single build thread?

I haven’t been doing too many builds here lately, didn’t want to bore you guys with same thing. So I figured I’d mix it up a little. I do have a very large twin rebuild I’ll be starting soon also but I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in following along as I rebuild a lightly damaged Zelos and turn it into a single drive hull. This hull has all the room in the world you could want and running 6s parallel in it is no problem. It already has twin pickups so I can run independent water cooling to the esc and motor. I have a Zelos 48 esc I can use in it too. I plan on filling all the holes and repainting it. Not sure what color. Carbon inlay of course. Maybe like a tp power 4070. Thoughts?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I would love to see that build.

I have no choice but to say hell yes.

Yes! Always love build threads and yours are some of the best.

Well you guys got it. I’ll post it up as soon as I start. I’ve got a few other things to get out the way, but I’ve been wanting to do a single out of this hull for a while. It turns well as a twin, I bet it would turn even better as a single. This boat may end even more fun than my shocker.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I haven’t been doing too many builds here lately, didn’t want to bore you guys with same thing. So I figured I’d mix it up a little. I do have a very large twin rebuild I’ll be starting soon also but I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in following along as I rebuild a lightly damaged Zelos and turn it into a single drive hull. This hull has all the room in the world you could want and running 6s parallel in it is no problem. It already has twin pickups so I can run independent water cooling to the esc and motor. I have a Zelos 48 esc I can use in it too. I plan on filling all the holes and repainting it. Not sure what color. Carbon inlay of course. Maybe like a tp power 4070. Thoughts?
    I have a 4070 CM 2200 I can sell travis

love to see this also .wish they made a single drive zelos .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Another build thread is alway appreciated Travis, especially something different.
    These are great looking hulls.

Should be good.
    I like single drive cats.

"Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Always love to see your build threads.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I have a 4070 CM 2200 I can sell travis
    Pretty sure he already has one....if my memory serves me correctly. Well unless he got rid of it.

I don’t. I actually need a 4070 for this build but I think around 1600-1800kv is what I’m gonna need. I don’t even have an extra esc unless I use this 8s Zelos 48 esc. Which I could do if I just run a low kv and in series. After having built my fastest boats with lower voltage in parallel I’m kinda leaning towards that but, I guess it really doesn’t matter either way. I’m not after any excessive speeds, just a super nice, good handling boat I can toss in and have fun.
    If I do 8s max I’ll probably do around 1250-1400kv.

wait until you see how uneven the ride pads are. blue-printed mine, but was still unable to get rid of a twisting type hop. hope you have better luck than i did.

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    wait until you see how uneven the ride pads are. blue-printed mine, but was still unable to get rid of a twisting type hop. hope you have better luck than i did.
    I have found with most of the ‘cranked out’ hulls each one can be quite different from another. Luck of the draw there.
    An example is my first Shocker had very flat ride pads whereas the second one (choice pick from a shipment) actually had a good taper to them.

How come you haven't done any HPR cat builds yet? HPR 99 or 115

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    How come you haven't done any HPR cat builds yet? HPR 99 or 115
    I dunno, I guess I just haven’t been interested in those hulls. I do have an hpr that was just sent to me to build. I could do a thread on it too. It’s been partially built but I’ve go to go through it and fix a bunch of stuff and the guy wants me to build it like I would for myself.