Thread: Jacking plate

Default Jacking plate

Does anyone know of a outboard motor jacking plate for rc boats? If not I am thinking of milling a few out to try on a project. Is there any interest? I was hoping a few were already made commercially but I can’t find any

prather makes one for gas but they are too large for most the FE outboards

Thank you I will check it out

Could you happen to provide a link I can’t find it

There is a gentleman (Captain Vic) on International Waters that used to sell them, not sure of his current status.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showuser=1067
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 02-17-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

sorry cant remember where I bought the prather jackplate but here is a knockoff sold as "Prather Style JackPlate"

s-l1000.jpg

here is are some nice setback mounting brackets OSE sells, the mount holes are slotted for some adjustment on the transom, but it would be much nicer if it had an adjustable jackplate & take it a step farther than I modified my OSE setback mounts "add built in tilt/trim" while your on the engineering project..... I have a design in mind Im just not capable of producing it. if your interested
    maybe the guys building F1 hydros would be interested in something like this, I know I would like a one piece setback with adjustable jackplate and trim all in one unit for my next build
    B54210-14-2_medium.jpg

I made an adjustable jackplate to mount on these OSE setback brackets (made this video for another post)
    Last edited by MadProps; 02-18-2018 at 12:02 AM.

What type of hull are you going to mount the jack plate an outboard too? On my OPC tunnel boats I like the Prather mounts available thru K&B mfg. in both 3.5cc an 7.5cc sizes 30$ or so. I also use K&B lowers on my tunnels, so they were made for each other, not sure what other lower O/B unit would fit the Prather mount? Du-Bro also makes adjustable mounts for O/B's also for K&B an O/S lowers not sure it is compatible with any other O/B lowers? I guess it all depends on what O/B and what hull you are using it on, commercial ones may not be available, you may have no choice but to fab up your own design.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

I am going to run two ose mini o/b on a nitro converted to electric blackjack 26

I've seen a few of those BJ26's on flee-bay, thought they would make a cool O/B conversion. What's the transom height on that hull, spoonson bottom to top transom? Larger 3.5cc size O/B's need 3" transom height, those mini's and the H2O style only need 2" transom height. Probably going to need a one inch spacer / mount for front of O/B motor to hull clearance.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Mph621 View Post
    I am going to run two ose mini o/b on a nitro converted to electric blackjack 26
    Those were a very tippy hull..not sure adding outboards would be a good idea.

I had them on it already ran pretty well just need to be able to adjust the depth