Thread: Fly sky

Default Fly sky

Last I heard a fly sky rx tx wouldn’t work on a boat ,is that still true? Just need some cheap radios for my grandsons boats ,I can always buy some traxxas ,the small radio fits their small hands and works well on the traxxas boats ,trying to find a cheap used spectrum DSM2 DX2E to go with the boat I just got in this forum ,if I can’t find one I’m looking at options ,thanks ,

I have used Fly Sky without a problem.

Thanks ,I have a bunch of them for their trucks ,

I'm using a GTC3 in a Mini Sprint. Works fine. Lipo battery in Tx also. Pretty good deal.

Good to know I’ll try it again ,I had problems a couple of years ago in bigger boats with fly sky and everyone wentawsy from them ,

I know I've tried an FS-GT3B TX and it certainly worked on boats. Where did you hear that FLY SKY radios doesn't work on boats? Perhaps they had a defective receiver or something.

Cool

One of the larger gas clubs in Texas went through this several years ago. Many of the members sold their Futaba and Hitech radios and went to SkyFlys. Why? Well, they were so darn cheap! After one season, no gas racer still ran a FlySky radio.

One member in our club tried to make his FlySky work in his FE mono, after several seasons he still had intermittent problems. Other members racing Futaba and Spektrum radios had no issues in the same heats.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Best loss of signal I ever saw was a FlySky. That 10s Sport Hydro must have traveled 50 yards into that corn field. Batteries even further. Expensive boat + Cheap radio = spectacular crash. (without injury)

I will chime in here and say I have run Flysky radios on many boats without issue. The range is decent. I’ll also add that I don’t really trust them all that much. Tho I personally have no reason not too. The only issue I ever had was if a receiver gets wet it’s junk. Toss it.
    Now, I say this because I think it’s true,

It depends where you live.
    Many of my friends have had issues with expensive radios up here in Ma. And my cheap I flysky worked perfectly. I would try to find out who is using what radios with success around your area. If guys are struggling with spectrum or something, youde stay away.
    My fav easy simple cheap radio is tactic.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I struggled with them when I was learning boats and learned in this forum that for some reason that’s above my pay grade they just don’t work well on my boats ,where a cheap traxxas will ,but once you move into twins or fast boats it’s time for a futaba or similar rxtx ,