Thread: Aqua craft radio

Default Aqua craft radio

Just bought an aqua craft ARTR on the forum ,all I need I s the radio ,it has the reciever,what radio am I looking for and where can I find a cheap one ? My grand son will probably drop it in the lake this summer,thanks,

you need a tactic radio, i have a couple i'd let go for cheap. Where about's in CA?

moved to WTB forum
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I just looked at the for sale thread of the boat you purchased. It's difficult to be 100% certain from the picture but it appears to be a spectrum receiver in the boat, i do not believe tactic rx's have dual antennas, or an external antenna at all for that matter. If it is spectrum than the OEM Aquacraft radio would not be compatible with it. Can you take a pic (and post it of course) of the rx in the boat so we can be sure to get you what you need?

I just lightened the image up in photoshop and indeed it looks like a Spektrum MR200 reciever in the boat.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Yea I checked the listing it’s an mr 200 ,so will the tactic offered by shaunessey work? I’m in so cal,90210, thanks,if the receivers are cheap enough I’ll buy both radios and an extra reciever as I have 3 boys and a bunch of boats ,

the Tactic RX will not work with Spektrum receivers. Furthermore, the one you have, MR200, will require you to get an older Spektrum RX with the DSM2 or marine protocol radio but, there are some new ones that are backwards compatible. You need to get an older DSM2 TX. If you plan to get a DSMR radio then the radios that are compatible with the MR200 are the DX4R pro, DX4C and an older DX4S. If you find a DX4S make sure you get an older one or one with a firmware that hasn't been updated because it will not work with the MR200 even though in the manual it says it will work with DSM2. . .I KNOW. If you plan to use other Spektrum receivers, since you mentioned you have more than one boat, then getting a TX capable of controlling more than one RX is advisable . . .with model memory. Otherwise an older DSM2 DX2e will suffice. You can get a used or new DX4R pro, an older DX4S and the least expensive 20 model memory DX4C, all DSMR radios, should work with the MR200 and will work with the newer DSMR receivers as well.
    Last edited by Bp9145; 02-15-2018 at 03:45 PM.

I need one radio for one boat so each boy can drive so guys I need older DSM2 or DX2E ,look around please ,thanks ,

Ok I found a bunch of used DX2E that say on the bottom DSMR, on eBay ,good ? Or do they need to say DSM 2? I read the whole post but it’s above my pay grade ,thanks ,

The only DSM2 I found is a stick radio ,does that sound right ? It’s 25$,

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    you need a tactic radio, i have a couple i'd let go for cheap. Where about's in CA?
    Save one for me -I have many rx's, someone stepped on my Tx....
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by MG1234 View Post
    The only DSM2 I found is a stick radio ,does that sound right ? It’s 25$,
    Yes, that would work if you would rather use a stick radio. Also make sure you ask if there's a boat logo/pic on the battery cover or somewhere on the radio. The boat logo signifies it will work with marine receivers such as the MR200 or MR3000

My zip is 90210 so cal ,I’ll buy it thanks ,

I have this transmitter that will work
    with that receiver in your boat I could sell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    I just looked at the for sale thread of the boat you purchased. It's difficult to be 100% certain from the picture but it appears to be a spectrum receiver in the boat, i do not believe tactic rx's have dual antennas, or an external antenna at all for that matter. If it is spectrum than the OEM Aquacraft radio would not be compatible with it. Can you take a pic (and post it of course) of the rx in the boat so we can be sure to get you what you need?
    Just a FYI for you guys using Tactic radios.
    these receivers work much better than the 2ch rx's
    I use these in all my boats with a TTX240 TX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok ,price ,shipping ,I’ll pay it all ,thanks ,