Thread: Traxxas M41 with Max amps 8000mah 3s

Default Traxxas M41 with Max amps 8000mah 3s

Greetings everyone Just finished doing all the upgrade to my snap-on M41and just bought 2 Max amps 8000mah 11.1 volt packs and was wondering if anyone is using big pack in the M41 looking to see what would be a good starting position for placement of the packs in the boat.

Those are some heavy 3S batteries. I would start by placing the boat on a flat surface and setting the center of gravity (COG) for about 30% with the batteries installed. Measure from the bottom of the ride pads to the tip of the bow, multiply by 33% and take that measurement from the rear of the ridepads as your COG starting point. Rest the boat on a dowel rod at that COG and move the the batteries in the tray until the boat balances on the dowel rod. Adjust for/aft after a few laps in the water depending on how the hull rides in the water.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks fweasel the batteries are actually lighter then most 8000mah 3s packs considering the superior quality of Max amps batteries I expected them to be in the 650gr range. A pair of these run around $350 but they come with a life time warranty and projected run time is about 30 mins. Thank you again for the information I did read the most cat hulls are between 25-35% so I will do 30 and that will get me in the ball park. I have upgrade every aspect of this boat with the exception of the motor including motor mount flex shaft thrust bearing I'm hoping for the best and when the motor goes I will upgrade that as well.