Thread: Need help finding a very small esc

Default Need help finding a very small esc

I知 looking for a small esc. I知 currently using a castle talon 35. I need something close to those dimensions and at least 25a. I do not want to use a pistix anymore and it has to be at least up to 4s. It needs to have a built in bec also. So to sum it up

Size (around) 23mm wide x 49mm long. Height don稚 matter
    Built in bec
    No pistix needed
    25+ amps
    At least up to 4s

Maybe my talon can used without a pistix, if it can I知 not sure what I need to do. Any help would be appreciated. Go. Lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27 mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Why not YEP 300? 150amp double stack... with pistix of course.

What radio are you using? Spektrum I used an air ESC with the sub-trim throttle turned all the way back

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    Why not YEP 300? 150amp double stack... with pistix of course.
    Not sure if I should even reply, but are you being serious? I said a bery small esc. It’s going in something about the size of the esc your talking about. I need a micro esc.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27 mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    What radio are you using? Spektrum I used an air ESC with the sub-trim throttle turned all the way back
    I’m using a spektrum. That’s all I need to do is turn the sub trim back? Will I still get 100% throttle?

EnErG Pro Marine 60 Sbec Esc is a pretty small esc

I’ve got a couple around Travis, I’ll go look now

I have three but one is a brushed ESC one has no BEC and the third is a Traxxas Velineon 3m, not sure of amps on those

I don’t think the traxxas one will do 4s?

Spektrums work great with all Castle air ESCs. Just use the right settings, no PiStix required. Haven’t used the latter in many years.

ERROR 604 - Caller's Buffer Is Too Small
    1. Ensure that your port is not configured to a mini plug
    2. If you are still having problems, contact someone

Make sure you set the Castle ESC for "Fixed Endpoints".

what's pistix?
    HPR C5009 Mystic twin, Zelos 36 twin, Voracity 36, Miss Geico 29 V3, King of Shaves P1, Mini Zonda 27, Miss Budweiser 1/12, Delta Force 26, Offshore Infinity, Stealthwake, Vac-U-Tug Jr

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    what's pistix?
    It’s a small device that allows you to use an air controller with a ground transmitter.

Thanks guys. I got it to work. So I just chopped a couple grams off and saved myself $25 for each time I need to use this.

Does anyone have a small talon esc they would part with? I wanna see if a 25a will hold up or even the 15a talon.

There's a couple used 25A and 15A talons on eBay. This one has a best offer tag on it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Crea...4AAOSwEzFZ47v6
    HPR C5009 Mystic twin, Zelos 36 twin, Voracity 36, Miss Geico 29 V3, King of Shaves P1, Mini Zonda 27, Miss Budweiser 1/12, Delta Force 26, Offshore Infinity, Stealthwake, Vac-U-Tug Jr