Beyond all that... with both P-Limited/Spec and this whole 8th scale thing. The one thing that becomes very apparent is that its literally impossible to set limiting motor/power rules for FE. Everything is impossible to tech with certainty and/or as many feel it's to invasive to pull a motor for weight.

It seems that the only path forward in both of these situations may be to accept that limits can NOT be done. Maybe it's best to just have open classes with no power limits which will have national titles and/or records. Then we take the P-Limited/Spec along with Limited/Spec 8th and 10th scales and create sub classes which don't have national titles or records. These would be classes with the sole purpose of making it easier for new people to get involved. All P size boats, the 8th scales and 10th scales would have a second "Limited/Spec" class which dictates specific motors. Obvious the list for the 3 different boat sizes would have different motors specified. All other rules for those classes would remain the same.

The IMPBA FE Director has recently told me that his opinion of the NAMBA P-Limited motor list is that: "it worked". And it did.... until it didn't. It didn't work when people figured out the rules couldn't be tech'd and it now doesn't work since we are looking at future limited motor supply/options.

Well what if we eliminate one problem by not allowing these classes to hold national titles and/or records? Kinda gets rid of the "can't be tech'd" thing. Who cares??? We're just having fun with toy boats in these classes and helping new guys get things figured out without braking the bank.

And then we eliminate the other issue with the NAMBA motor list by writing something which allows for change and evolution based on motor supply and maybe a little consideration into what's coming in current RTR boats that fit the boat specs for the class. I wrote something about this in the "(Moved)Another P Limited / Spec motor discussion" post # 124.
Here's a link to the thread. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...scussion/page5

Anyway... not trying to stir the pot here. After reading I/W today, I see the big picture more than ever and just think there must be a way past all the arguing about rules and things that can't be tech'd. The 8th scale discussion on there makes this all obvious and Darin had a post on there which really broke it down. This stuff just can't be tech'd... But yet we need something as organizations to help bring in and make it easier for new guys. That became apparent by the rational of the 8th scale rule writer who seems to have done this so that new guys know exactly what to buy/run. And he has some support for that thought process that shouldn't just be ignored.

I hope this post can be taken as a positive and positive steps forward.

And let's stop talking about the end of NAMBA and whatnot... There's a problem with points on both sides. The answer may be as stated above. Give both sides a place to race. But don't allow the one that can't be tech'd to have national titles or records. Simple and reasonable. IMO