Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Mini Cat Racing USA. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!

  1. #1

    Default Mini Cat Racing USA. ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!

    Hi Everyone.

    Minicat Racing USA is for sale! I am turning 75 this year and wish to finally fully retire. I have a pretty good stock of Micro Hydros and Mini ECOs and associated parts. Along with the merchandise you will get the website and access to the manufacturer as a distributor.

    If you are interested, please contact me and we can discuss details.

    mhydroB.jpg


    This is our 12th year in business.Thanks to all of you over the years.

    Jim Slaughter
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  2. #2

    Default

    Enjoy your retirement Jim, you have some great boats, I have a Mini Eco I enjoy, and it is my newb friendly loaner boat when on 2s.

    The manufacturer makes great stuff, their new Mini Mono ARTR swept the board with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in class at last years world champs.
    Paul "tug Killer" Upton-Taylor, Cat lover.
    FastElectricBoats.co.uk

  3. #3

    Default

    Hey Jim, was there much flex with the sponsons on the glass or carbon Starship? The hobbyking knockoff is a flexi mess, sold it.
    Club Galvatron

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Hey Jim, was there much flex with the sponsons on the glass or carbon Starship? The hobbyking knockoff is a flexi mess, sold it.

    Hi Ray,

    No flex. I don't have the starships anymore but they are still available if the buyer of the company wants to stock them. I had a very large stock of them but it took a long time for them to sell out. At that time I decided to 'downsize' a bit on my stock.

    BUT, they were rock solid.

    Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    Enjoy your retirement Jim, you have some great boats, I have a Mini Eco I enjoy, and it is my newb friendly loaner boat when on 2s.

    The manufacturer makes great stuff, their new Mini Mono ARTR swept the board with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in class at last years world champs.
    Thanks Paul!
    They really do make super quality stuff with their vacuum bagging technology, etc. I know they do well at the world champs under NAVIGA.

    Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  6. #6

    Default

    That's why I gave away the HK version. It was soft and flexible, not good at all.

    Thanks Jim!

    Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Hi Ray,

    No flex. I don't have the starships anymore but they are still available if the buyer of the company wants to stock them. I had a very large stock of them but it took a long time for them to sell out. At that time I decided to 'downsize' a bit on my stock.

    BUT, they were rock solid.

    Jim
    Club Galvatron

  7. #7

    Default

    We are going to receive 4 Tenshock F1 (Formula 1) boats soon. These retail for $499 and very expensive shipping. I will offer these at $399 shipped in the USA. That is about my cost. These are incredible pieces of engineering. The motor/drive system is very unique. They are the usual high quality vacuum bagged fiberglass and super quality hardware from TENSHOCK.
    They come Ready to Run, including a 2.4gHz radio. You just need to add your own battery. They are 27" long and SELF RIGHTING! I don't know which colors we will receive yet. I will post here again when they arrive.

    10985232_948046951872869_4976361926912842441_n.jpg11000588_948046655206232_5779445505672356064_n.jpgnew F1 -3.jpg
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  8. #8

    Default

    Good to see these. Very nice.
    All the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    We are going to receive 4 Tenshock F1 (Formula 1) boats soon. These retail for $499 and very expensive shipping. I will offer these at $399 shipped in the USA. That is about my cost. These are incredible pieces of engineering. The motor/drive system is very unique. They are the usual high quality vacuum bagged fiberglass and super quality hardware from TENSHOCK.
    They come Ready to Run, including a 2.4gHz radio. You just need to add your own battery. They are 27" long and SELF RIGHTING! I don't know which colors we will receive yet. I will post here again when they arrive.

    10985232_948046951872869_4976361926912842441_n.jpg11000588_948046655206232_5779445505672356064_n.jpgnew F1 -3.jpg
    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Too many boats, not enough time...

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    We are going to receive 4 Tenshock F1 (Formula 1) boats soon. These retail for $499 and very expensive shipping. I will offer these at $399 shipped in the USA. That is about my cost. These are incredible pieces of engineering. The motor/drive system is very unique. They are the usual high quality vacuum bagged fiberglass and super quality hardware from TENSHOCK.
    They come Ready to Run, including a 2.4gHz radio. You just need to add your own battery. They are 27" long and SELF RIGHTING! I don't know which colors we will receive yet. I will post here again when they arrive.
    That looks like a Blast!!!
    Sign me up!!
    What do I need to do to reserve one?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    That looks like a Blast!!!
    Sign me up!!
    What do I need to do to reserve one?
    Send me an email to info@minicatracingusa.com
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  11. #11

    Default

    Well, some bad news. We are not getting 3 of the four F1's after all. Somebody bought them out from under us.
    I do have one in stock and it looks like it is sold. Just waiting for payment.

    Sorry folks.

    Jim


    Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    We are going to receive 4 Tenshock F1 (Formula 1) boats soon. These retail for $499 and very expensive shipping. I will offer these at $399 shipped in the USA. That is about my cost. These are incredible pieces of engineering. The motor/drive system is very unique. They are the usual high quality vacuum bagged fiberglass and super quality hardware from TENSHOCK.
    They come Ready to Run, including a 2.4gHz radio. You just need to add your own battery. They are 27" long and SELF RIGHTING! I don't know which colors we will receive yet. I will post here again when they arrive.

    10985232_948046951872869_4976361926912842441_n.jpg11000588_948046655206232_5779445505672356064_n.jpgnew F1 -3.jpg
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  12. #12

    Default

    If I can't get an interested buyer for the business I will start blowing out the boats and parts. Keep watching the website for major sales.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    If I can't get an interested buyer for the business I will start blowing out the boats and parts. Keep watching the website for major sales.
    Best of Luck to you! I am personally sad to see your desire to sell your business, but i understand a man has got to do what he has to do.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    If I can't get an interested buyer for the business I will start blowing out the boats and parts. Keep watching the website for major sales.
    when would these sales begin?
    volantex vector pro ,streamline thrasher , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

  15. #15

    Default Minicat racing usa sale

    Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Best of Luck to you! I am personally sad to see your desire to sell your business, but i understand a man has got to do what he has to do.
    Thanks Tim. You have been a great supporter and customer. I do appreciate your comments. It would not be a big investment for someone to take over but of course there has to be an interest.

    I'll probably initiate the sale of the boats and parts sometime this summer if nobody steps up.

    Thanks!
    Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    when would these sales begin?
    I haven't decided yet. Still hoping someone will step up and buy the business.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

  17. #17

    Default

    Jim, how much room does stocking the inventory take up?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.
    PB BlackJack 29 / AQ Motley Crew / Tenshock Mini ECO / Phil Thomas Stealth

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    when would these sales begin?
    Boy, you sure are in a hurry!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Boy, you sure are in a hurry!
    who wouldn't be ?only a few months of boat season left until your waiting all winter
    volantex vector pro ,streamline thrasher , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    who wouldn't be ?only a few months of boat season left until your waiting all winter
    I hear you, but it's too hot here.

    Screenshot_20180706-145735.jpg




    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tlandauer; 07-06-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: attached photo was not correct.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

  21. #21

    Default

    Dang phone......

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Too many boats, not enough time...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    I'm interested in the business as well send me a pm over everything if you will please

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewbud View Post
    Jim, how much room does stocking the inventory take up?
    Not much room at all. I have about 4 of the 5 drawer plastic cabinets that contain all the parts. The cabinets will be available with the sale. Each boat is in a heavy shipping box 18"x9"x4"
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •