Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
Well this would be me. These hydraulic dummies can be bought by themselves and come in a couple lengths. They can/or may have flex cable glued into them. Positioning for smooth operation is key, depending on application (the one pictured being about as tuff as it gets). Now I have also thought of making my own using .098 prop stubs and cable in brass tube. Having steerable drives means you don’t need a lot of rudder throw either. I do have a functioning one here if you need measur.

Shawn
Had to ditch the link as I was getting page errors.

Thanks for the offer and the idea for making them. Once I get everything worked out I might add them.

I figured out how to address the steering and tilt issue and I think Im just a little proud of myself.

Im making a servo mount that will let the steering servo pivot with the angle of the outboards. The pivot will be in the base of the mount and the servo will be able to rock forward and back with a push/pull arrangement for steering guiding it. this will allow the servo link remain in the same length between the servo and the motors regardless of the angle of attack the motors are placed in.

When I first thought of it I wasnt sure it would work, but after thinking about it for a bit I think its perfect.

Pics coming as soon as I get enough of it made to show the function more clearly.