So because we’ve had some really nasty weather this year I haven’t been able to make my way to the lake lately. My kids decided they wanted to go check out a slot car track around the corner from our house that we’ve passed a million times but never stopped. I wish I would have never stopped now. Because they were hooked within minutes and both of my older sons (14 and 18) bought cars from a couple of the guys who race there and then that’s all she wrote. I ended up building me a car. My first car ever built was very fast and super consistent. The track owner was impressed he told me.....little did he know how I really am. Lol. So these little cars run a brushed motor off of 16.xx volts and they are very fast. But as we all know, brushed motors are a thing of the past and have more maintenance than I like to fool with. So......I started asking about brushless slot cars. Well I found no info on the net. I found some threads on forums with people arguing about it with the popular consensus that it can’t be done and it won’t be fast and blah blah. Well the track owner actually found one guy that was running one (or trying to) and it seemed like he was having issues with it and it wasn’t very fast because of the weight from him running a battery. Nah. I’m not running a battery, that was one of my goals. And to be as fast or faster that most of the bracket race cars. Well I achieved that on my first attempt tonight. Most bracket cars run in the 40mph range and their times are low 7’s maybe high 6’s (.700 and .690ish). This is a 1/8 mile scale track, 27.5ft long. My first attempt any it netted me a best e.t. Of .615 and a best mph of 51mph. For comparison my bracket car runs s .710 @ 40.xx mph. Everyone there was amazed that I even got it to work and couldn’t believe how fast it was. The beauty of it is the tuning of the motor. I could adjust the punch and help it not spin off the line. Now for the interesting part. Pics and videos......

This is a model of a car I used to have to was so fast that everyone in the area knew the car and knew who I was.