Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ac models boat

Default Ac models boat

hi guys i want to know if anyone in here use any ac model boat for electrics and i want to know how good it is

Mono or hydro? I run two Pro 40 II hydro's, one in nitro Sport 40 and the other is a 6s Q hydro. I think they are great running boats I've had great luck with them.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

I raced an AC Lightning cat as a P Limited boat, and an R-42 as a T Cat. I raced the latter at a World’s Race in Open Cat, placed third out of over 25 boats in the class. I liked the R-42 a lot.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I have a Lazer powered by a big TP motor (1000Kv), I run on 8 and 10S, tons of room to run 2P also for runtime and boat is absolutely bulletproof, so well built. Initially I had it more setup for speed runs and it almost broke 80mph, I now run it in the low to mid 60's and it's just a blast, very stable and predictable hull. Highly recommend AC although I am not sure if Andy is still building anymore.

They still make all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Lazer 40” mono running twin steerable outdrives. Tuff boat to flip. I also have a R-42 running twins, awesome handling boat. Handles 75-80mph no sweat. Andy does very nice work and is a hoot to run with and chat with, not to mention very helpful.
    Last edited by srislash; 02-01-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I have a Lazer 40” mono running twin steerable outdrives. Tuff boat to flip. I also have a R-42 running twins, awesome handling boat. Handles 75-80mph no sweat. Andy does very nice work and is a hoot to run with and chat with, not to mention very helpful.
    what do you have for motors in the r42? any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by meangenesracing View Post
    what do you have for motors in the r42? any pictures?
    I kind of overkilled it with Castle 1717’s. A pair of 4082’s would do well enough

Just dawned on me that perhaps a pic of how it came may be what your after Gene

Just dawned on me that perhaps a pic of how it came may be what your after Gene

yea lol, nice boat. motors in center or to the sides?. I see 2 neu motors for sale here on the forum, Dethtow I believe. you think they would be over kill?

yea lol, nice boat. motors in center or to the sides?. I see 2 neu motors for sale here on the forum, Dethtow I believe. you think they would be over kill?
    I wouldn’t say overkill being 1515’s. I am still contemplating putting my 1520’s in there to lighten it up. They are 1500kv 4092’s basically. To give you an idea, I am just running 447’s on 1/4 flexes on it now. 3/16” and lighter motors would extend my runtime some.

I wouldn’t say overkill being 1515’s. I am still contemplating putting my 1520’s in there to lighten it up. They are 1500kv 4092’s basically. To give you an idea, I am just running 447’s on 1/4 flexes on it now. 3/16” and lighter motors would extend my runtime some.

Looks Great
    how many batteries per motor and MAH ?

Per motor is 8800 mah on that run. If lighter maybe one could get away with less.

Did you get the full cowel from Andy ?

Did you get the full cowel from Andy ?
    This one I made, it starts here https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...in-Beast/page3

Mine came with the “offshore” hatch from Andy.

D1D55C35-29EB-4EB0-A6B7-2852B72DFF22.jpg
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

well, looks like I went and done it LOL. bought 2 1515 1650 kv motors off the forums here. just ordered 2 etti 120 hv speed controllers for my R42 hope these will push it

well, looks like I went and done it LOL. bought 2 1515 1650 kv motors off the forums here. just ordered 2 etti 120 hv speed controllers for my R42 hope these will push it
    Congratulations Gene, so the question is, twins on the tunnel or in the sponsons?

Congratulations Gene, so the question is, twins on the tunnel or in the sponsons?
    thats a good question lol. I'm leaning toward the sponsons following your build. would you have done it differently if you could do yours over ?

Well the motors on the tunnel intrigues me. Andy had told me the gas guys will put the strut thru the tunnel floor and then the rudder tight to the transom. Now I knew this before my build and went my own way. It does handle great and but there is always the same ole problem with any twin having the props so far apart, they fight each other just as a posi in a car does.

I think I at some point would take a run at the tunnel mounting. It would also leave the sponsons wide open for batteries(you will have to trim the rails for better access down there BTW).

Well the motors on the tunnel intrigues me. Andy had told me the gas guys will put the strut thru the tunnel floor and then the rudder tight to the transom. Now I knew this before my build and went my own way. It does handle great and but there is always the same ole problem with any twin having the props so far apart, they fight each other just as a posi in a car does.

I think I at some point would take a run at the tunnel mounting. It would also leave the sponsons wide open for batteries(you will have to trim the rails for better access down there BTW).
    you know what , lol. I'll go with the tunnel method and let you know how it works. just maybe not the struts on the inside as I done that with my gas R42 and it was a pain to get stuffing tube in it was soooo short

you know what , lol. I'll go with the tunnel method and let you know how it works. just maybe not the struts on the inside as I done that with my gas R42 and it was a pain to get stuffing tube in it was soooo short
    I’ve been playing with a channel mixer to remedy the posi effect but it doesn’t effect my running for the most part. If I was racing I’d be ‘on it’ more.
    I look forward to your results.

http://jrcbd.com/forum/showthread.ph...ats-Retirement

This is a message from Andy at AC Model Boats that he wanted me to post here:

A.C. Model Boats will be making the very last shipment of boats built by Andy going at the end of May.

If you were thinking of purchasing an A.C. Boat, this would definitely be the time to get your order in.
    The best way to get a hold of me is by Email at aclightning1@hotmail.com , or you can order through Dom too.

I do want to say thank you to all my customers that have supported me over the many years of building boats.
    To think I started building boats in 1979, wow 39 years.

I have made a very difficult decision, and I’m ready to retire, and pursue some other interests I have.

A.C. Boats will be up for sale, molds, jigs, the unique thing is, everything has jigs, the jigs to router all the wood components too.

The metal jigs that go into pin holes and slots, so the hull stringers and deck stringer can be pressed into the wet resin, so they can be glassed in place while still wet in the molds.

Then the molds that are hinged, A.C. Boats come out of the molds as a finished hull, Cats 100%, Mono's need the bulkhead glassed in, nothing left to do but clean up the edges, polish, pack and send off to some of the best customers in the world.

Andy
    A.C. Model Boats

Ah geez, I New it was coming. I better give him a call, maybe I have a new career waiting.

Go for it Shawn, you would build a great boat! At least look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Go for it Shawn, you would build a great boat! At least look into it.
    Yes and I’m looking at moving up Andy’s way.

So where can I get my hands on one of these R-42 Cats?
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Quote Originally Posted by tjcast View Post
    So where can I get my hands on one of these R-42 Cats?
    I'll sell you mine with a Castle 2028 and etti speed control

Andy sold the company, it is now out of Florida. He spent two weeks with Wayne and Rick going over moulds and such. Here is their site: https://www.acmodelboats.com/cats

Wow! Andy sold the company. Good for him!

Has anyone here placed an order with the new fellas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast