Thread: Lipo max cell voltage ?

Default Lipo max cell voltage ?

Hi all the other day i was checking all 25 lipo's i own with my Hitec lipo checker equalizer and noticed that all individual cell voltages where between 4.22v - 4.9v . From what i understand 4.2volts should be max voltage per cell . I use a Hyperion EOSO610i net charger to charge and maintain my batteries. How do i approach and correct this situation ? Regards Andris Golts.

I would Cycle them up and down a few time, also check with another meter 4.9 does not sound right,,, see what the voltage says on the Hyperion individual cells

As Chris said, I would trust the Hyperion cell reading over the cheap cell checker. You are correct, 4.2V is the top limit, and I've read 4.25V is even stretching it to the absolute limit. 4.9V is fire waiting to happen, if, it's even possibly to get that high.

Second, I assume all of your batteries are in storage for the winter, as such, they should all be at or near 3.8V when not in use for safety and longevity of your packs.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I personally don't like the Hyperion chargers get a cellpro powerlab

Personal preference I still like ichargers the best.

Revolectrix power lab or my favorite GT1000 Duo

Andris.
    Do you select 'BALANCE CHARGE' before you start the charging process? Or just 'CHARGE'.
    The balance charge setting should not let the cells get so far apart in terminal voltage.
    I trust the terminal voltage is set at 4.2V.

If you put the battery on the charger & start the charge cycle, does the individual cell readings screen, show those high numbers too?

Check the individual cells with a good multi-meter instead of a cell checker. Your cell checker may be inaccurate.

But also, even just on the charge setting, it should terminate the charge if a cell gets too high. That is, above 4.2V
    Your charger may be faulty.
    Last edited by 785boats; 02-02-2018 at 09:33 AM.