Thread: Dumas Scarab 60 build finaly

Default Dumas Scarab 60 build finaly

So about 30 years or so ago I picked up a 46" Dumas Scarab 60, that a guy was just building as a cool model. All that was done was some paint with hardly anything else. No hardware or radio box, pretty much unmolested. At the time I was thinking of putting an 11cc outboard on it, but got involved with building a Ford Mustang. Boats went to the back burner and eventually fell completely off the stove. I think I've toted this thing around long enough so been thinking about a build.
    I've been considering electric now, but am completely new to this whole thing and am needing direction advice on what and how to build with. I do have another boat that is just about to hit the water again (46" Prather w/OS.90) so i'm not a total newb but its been so long I might as well be.

I'll try and get some pics to post here a little later.

What I'm wanting from this boat is not as much a racer, but something fun, arround the same performance the Prather/.90 nitro has, or better. So my Question to electric experts out here is, if this were your build where would you go? I don't really have a budget, but not expecting to completely drain the bank account either.

I believe that is exactly what I have here too. With about the results. I visit it, tinker abit and seem to get on other things for a long while.