Thread: Would a sharpened and balanced Prather 235 work for me?

Default Would a sharpened and balanced Prather 235 work for me?

Im currently running a Promarine 34" MTR on 6s. The original motor was a 3674 2075kv SSS and a 120a Seaking. I was told the stock prop is pretty close to an X442. With the stock set up the maunfacturer said an X445 is about the limit. Ive upgraded the esc to a Seaking 180a and just purchased a Leopard 4082 1600kv. Im in the process of reinforcing the hull. I picked up a few Prather 235's for future use and was wondering if a prop this large would be ok on the above set up. Boats purpose is for sporting, and speed passes, no organized racing. Thanks to all.

That’s 35,000rpm’s... And that’s a pretty big wheel. I would start with a 225 and check temps.

The Prather 235 is nearly 51mm in diameter and a 1.6 pitch ratio, which is like an octura x651 if there was such a prop. As Craig said, that's a big prop.

If figured it was going to be a little on the larger size for that application. Thought maybe I could get away with it if I took a little material off of the prop. Maybe I can trade one or two if them off, or just save them for a larger built later on. Thanks as always for the help guys.

You can certainly cut it down to a smaller diameter and that will reduce the load on the motor, not to mention make it a more appropriate size for a hull of that size.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ive reviewed a few vids on how to cut them down, sharpen and balance, so I guess Ill be giving that a go one of these days. Everything still frozen over here in NY, so Ive got some time.