Thread: U-31 MILLER HIGH LIFE 8th Scale build thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default U-31 MILLER HIGH LIFE 8th Scale build thread

Gents, I'm making a lot of progress on my winter project U-31 `Miller High Life' Unlimited Hydroplane. Based on the Lucero designed Circus Circus platform, the`Miller High Life' was campaigned briefly on the 1988 Unlimited circuit. The scaled down 43" hull will legally meet all overall dimensional info provided on the NAMBA MHR#8700.

I inherited this project from a good friend as a plywood framed skeleton from Newton #146 plans. Most of the wood frames were disguarded after being used for patterns in favor of stronger G10 Epoxy sheet composite. CF angle will also be used for structural support, plywood Transom & Sponson bulkheads are G10 skinned. West Systems #610 2-part epoxy is used for bonding and Z-Poxy for sealing a bonding any wood to wood component. The center section of the hull has been offset from Port to Starboard for FE clockwise racing. Epoxy Glass Canopy, Cockpit and rear Wing Set(on order) are RC Boat Company pieces.

Power will be provided by IMPBA legal 1527 1.5y or Plettenberg HP370 BM A1-S on 10s1p lipo. Offset 3/16" cable driveline and hardware will consist of a combination of Zipp Kit(turnfin) and Speed Master(rudder,strut) components. Same hardware and driveline setup is used on my U-1 Atlas Van Lines.

Here's some pics so far showing rear afterplane tub construction. Everything is swiss-cheesed to save weight. Working my way forward to start soon on front sponson & canard spar structure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K.R.Joye; 10-18-2022 at 07:34 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~`Mach 5 racing'~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ****2008/9 MMEU LSO, 2008 LSH CHAMP****
    ~~~~~~~70 MPH Club Member!~~~~~~~~~