Thread: Ul1 ?????

Thumbs up Ul1 ?????

What is the Fastest speed a Auquacraft ul1 has been that was legit and proven and what was the setup etc and what is the biggest motor and esc that will suit the ul1 and do about 60mph on 4S

waste of time and money In my opinion to try for 60 in that hull
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Why is that your opinion if you don’t mind explaining lol

its not a good hull for 60. its just not build for it. if you hit 50 you're doing pretty good. you could put all the power in the world in that thing, but the hull is limited by its design, not its power.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Cool

In November 2008 Brian Buass had one of the very first UL-1s in the US, I watched him run at the LA SAWs and IIRC he ran an official 67 mph through the traps. He has a how-to somewhere in the forums. This is not recommended.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    In November 2008 Brian Buass had one of the very first UL-1s in the US, I watched him run at the LA SAWs and IIRC he ran an official 67 mph through the traps. He has a how-to somewhere in the forums. This is not recommended.

Wow that’s impressive! . Ide imagine he went thru a lot to get that out of it?
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

As I recall it only took Brian a few sets of passes to get there, and nothing burned up because he was careful to limit his run time. But then he does know how to set up a hydro.....138 mph in a P rigger.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post

I was there. Brian let me take it out for a spin. I immediately rushed out and bought one. Discovered that it had too much AoA for 50+ mph extended running (e.g. 6-lap oval) . Can you say S P O N S O N D A N C E ? I reduced the sponson AoA (a big PITA) and it stopped doing the macarena at full chat. It's a nice fun boat at a tad over 50 mph but gets squirrelly at much more.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I think it’s a bit light for taking up to 60... I came so close to getting one, I even had a link saved in My Favorites! Looked at it for a month. Decided it was just too small, and got the larger Vortex 34. Now the UL-19 seems to be a much better starting point, what do you guys think?