Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the "Prince" rcbt-1111

the prince is much better than the sv27 in my opinion, i took all my sv stuff out and put it in the prince, then upgraded again... sv's are good but that hull is tops, allot of guys in the club up here have the prince running from the sv running gear up to an 8xl and all are very nice in the water.
    will try till smoke?
    www.slaughtermotorsport.com

What is your setup at the moment?

Do you have pics?

Please! Brett.

Also, did they buy it from the Hong Kong site (The rcbt-1107 model)
    Were there any problems with delivery etc?

What hardware and prop are you using?

Regards, Brett.

delivery is fine, i recomend buying all the bits you need from here! and yes they bought it from hong kong, ill try and get some pics for you tnight.
    will try till smoke?
    www.slaughtermotorsport.com

Cheers mate!

Check your PM's.

I look forward to the pics and your setup.

Regards, Brett.

does anyone know the names of other ebay DF knock offs?

Yes i would say that is a good thing to have plus some other must haves to.
    Like your setup and your hull are also some things that also help your boat perform.
    Failure is the First step to SUCCESS

Pics, Pics, where are the pics?

Only a few more sleeps till i can buy everything i need to get the boat in my hands and running well.

Thanks for the advice and comments, Brett.

i run one of these with a ammo2300 on 4s with a pranther 215 prop it runs around the 43-45mph mark and pulls about 45 amps max, i only run a blackjack 45amp esc,have run a x640 on it and it pulled 49mph and about 70 amps, set one of these up properlly and they handle very well. not that i have seen a real lot but but havent seen a sv27 that will come close to my boat
    Last edited by ozzie-crawl; 01-21-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obrien View Post
    does anyone know the names of other ebay DF knock offs?
    Promise Hobby sells them on E-Bay, I have a 33" version and it runs very well.

Fullers Fast Electric have a new version made by the same guy that makes the prince, it's 1/2" deeper in the "V" carbon stiffeners on the inside hull bottom and a ply transom doubler.

It's in the "Scratch 'N' Dent" section of the site.

Bit Pricey, compaired to the one on ebay from Hong Kong!

Keep it coming guys!

Brett.
    Last edited by Tech Head; 12-22-2008 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes are a pain.

Just thought I'd throw up a couple of videos.
    The first one is mine with the Ammo 2300 on 4s
    The second one is a club members' J.T. with an 8XL. This is the fastest one I've seen on 4s.
    And if anyone is wondering why SLAUGHTER_AUS has the speed bug, click on the link under his signature on one of his posts. Sorry Ben but people need to know.
    Merry christmas to Slaughter Motorsport ... Trevor Lin & Ben... And to everyone else on these boards.
    Paul.
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WNhjkAXMxlM
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IDjcgq6zFzs

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Promise Hobby sells them on E-Bay, I have a 33" version and it runs very well.
    A friend of mine has that exact one, 33" hull, with 10XL on 6s. It scoots and tracks great and turns great!! 52.3mph.

Frank is a great seller too at Promise Hobby.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

A special thankyou to all who have contributed to this thread, there is some good advice on setting up and running this boat.

Merry Christmas to all.

hi paul just wondering how slaughters goes with the 8xl on the oval course with other boats, looks like he wouldnt have any trouble getting out in front tho
    scott

Hi Guys i have just orderd a prince 25 with the above spec (1107 model) i plan to use a flightpower EVO 25C 5000mah 3s lipo
    will it be fast enough to race or is it best to change the motor and ESC also what steering servo do you recomend i am using futaba 2.4Ghz FASST radio gear

phil.

hi phil the only problam i see with one battery pack is if you put it up the front you will have to much forward weight,myself and paul run one pack down each side towards the back off the boat hope this helps
    cheers scott

Hi Scot.
    Hope you had a good Chrissy. Just got the New Years celebrations to get through now.
    The white boat is actually J.T.s not Bens (Slaughter.) But yes it handles race water pretty good. But still, like the rest of us, when it catches a wake or a bit of chop the wrong way she'll flip.

Madphil.
    With the battery in the front raise the prop angle to at least 1-1/2 degrees. This should lift the front. Your first run should tell you if it's too much or too little. If it's running too wet raise it another 1/2 degree. A little bit makes a big change in the boats attitude.
    Have fun.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    hi phil the only problam i see with one battery pack is if you put it up the front you will have to much forward weight,myself and paul run one pack down each side towards the back off the boat hope this helps
    cheers scott
    Hi Scott and paul
    I am hoping my boat will come in the next few days
    is there any way i can fit the battery in the rear over the prop tube in the centre of the boat .

phil

Hi Scott and paul
    I am hoping my boat will come in the next few days
    is there any way i can fit the battery in the rear over the prop tube in the centre of the boat .

no i dont think so as it would be sitting on the motor and servo.
    i would try what paul suggests putting it up the front and adjusting the stinger
    cheers scott
    P.S merry christmas and a happy new year paul

Hey, Brett here.

This photo shows the single battery mount pad, forward of the motor.

The generaly accepted set up for "Gofast" is two lipos either side of the hull.

Take a while to look through the thread, it has lot's of info

If you put the battery two far back, your boat will cavitate, Porpoise and flip over.

It's all about getting the balance right, See other posts.

Have fun, Brett.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tech Head; 12-30-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Adjustments

Hi Phil.
    As Scott says It won't fit ( Ijust tried it in mine)
    Don't sweat it. Just run the boat with the battery in the tray as farback as you can first & see how she goes. I've only ever tried a 5000mah 4s pack there so your 3s pack might even be a good balance since it will be a bit lighter. You won't know 'till you try it.
    Welcome to the long & sometimes steep learning curve of setting up a FE boat. We've all been there & have all had help from others. Now we're all here to help others if we can. So all you can do is run it & let us know the results & we'll help you with the fine tuning.
    A couple of tips.
    strut raised about 1-1/2 dagrees.
    trim tabs at neutral to start with.
    TAPE THE HATCH!!! we use Ice Hockey stick tape.
    Run the boat for a couple of passes. If the thing is too wet Raise the strut a bit more. If its porpoising or wants to flip drop the strut a bit.
    Check that water is coming out of the outlet at speed.
    Check the temps regularly.
    Check how well those engine mount rails are glued in. I would add a strip of fibre glass cloth to each side of them first up. I just used some 5 min Araldite & cloth on mine.
    Scott will tell you the horrors of what happens when they part company with the hull at full noise.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

Thankyou Paul for the help and advice , this is very helpfull to get advice of others before i run the boat and save on breakages and lost time at the lake

phil.

Good to see posts from others from different sites, concerning the same boat!

Take a look around, there are lots of "Threads" assossiated with the rcbt-1111 in many locations.

I'll just keep dreaming of getting one.

yes make sure the motor mount is secure,when mine came loose at full speed it blew the hatch of sending the boat about ten feet up and tossed both batteries in the pond
    worst part was i never got it on video lol
    scott
    happy new year

Just thought I'd let you know that "Bulletproof" hit 45mph (72.4klm/hr) yesterday at the lake with a Grim Racer 40 x 52 - 3 blade prop. I'm happy with that because all temps were barely warm so I can try a more agressive prop next time. Should have tried it yesterday but I was trying to get my cat to handle properly most of the time.
    Next week I intend to find a difinitive answer to the scuffing debate.
    I'll GPS the boat for a couple of passes, then top up the batteries while I take the shine off the running surface of the hull with some 400 wet & dry. Then I'll run another couple of passes & check the difference. It'll be interesting one way or the other.
    All the best.
    Paul.

what gps are you useing paul. i have been using the eagle tree data one wich is awsome you get to see not just the top speed but how consistant the speed is plus amp draw etc. i think mine with a pranther 215 was getting between 43-45mph each lap and had a amp draw of 45 amps max produced about 800 watts and max rpm was 35,000 under load. have the data saved on the computer when i get a chance am going to do a video of some of the boats running with the data in the corner of the picture.
    as far as scuffing goes acouple of weeks ago a grub screw come loose on my steering and as chance has it i was heading straight for the bank when i lost all steering it hit the bank and proceeded to get airborne and just about removed geoffs head,when it hit the bank it put a bit of a deep gouge in the bottom of the hull. so when i repaired it i thought i would scuff the bottom of the hull. i have not gpsed it to see the diffrence but i did have to drop the trim tabs down a bit as it was no longer running a bit wet but was running just on the ride pad and prop was fast and a lot of fun but was pron to flipping
    scott
    Last edited by ozzie-crawl; 01-21-2009 at 01:07 AM.

my setup. ammo 2300 4s 2p 3700 detounged x440 prop blackjack speedie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ozzie-crawl; 01-21-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Great info there Scott.
    Sorry for the delay on the reply but the computer crashed & my son has been reformating the hard drive. Had a few bugs to iron out but he's done it. God bless him.
    The GPS I bought was the cheapest Garmin hand held I could find. $130.00.
    Sorry to hear about your boat turning itself into an amphibious landing craft.
    But it seems that the scuffing, at least in your case, had some effect.
    We'll see about mine on Saturday.
    All the best.
    Paul.

Keep in mind these "Prince" part numbers being tossed around are the part numbers from that specific seller. Heck it might not be called a "prince" from seller to seller.

Theres an ongoing thread @ RC Universe chuck full of info on this hull.

Various R/C Boat picks, mainly the Prince
    http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...cs/RC%20Boats/

Vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/basstronics

I will have some new pics soon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast