Thread: Delta Force Pirate hull reinforcement.

Default Delta Force Pirate hull reinforcement.

My Delta Force Pirate hull should be here tomorrow so I was wondering what areas need to be reinforced and how much glass should I add? This is for my salt water boat build so it will most likely take a bit of a pounding.
    Last edited by Rumpelhardt; 01-21-2018 at 11:41 AM.

If it were me, I'd fill the front third with us composites expanding 2lb foam, then lay a layer of heavy automotive glass over the remaining two thirds, wrapping up the sides. At the same time, I'd add a layer of glass and then some of the foam to the hatch. Then I'd add at least a 2mm cf plate to reinforce the transom. I build mine to survive collisions and let the offender pay the price with damage to his boat.

You probably mean a salt water race or play area.. but for a kick in the pants, I've run in the surf and depending on how high you jump, how big the waves are and how close to the sand you get, this will take a good bit of abuse.

HTH
    Jesse
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

The place I'm most likely to run has some surf. Its not big but it would be pretty large for a 35" boat. There is not much chance of collisions with other boats. Depending on the tide there might be some encounters with sand bars.

I reinforced under the deck area and the bottom with some light automotive fiberglass. She's pretty stiff now, and was already stiff enough.

Consider the foam in the bow... you'll never have to worry about flotation not to mention the strength.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet