Thread: Any ETA on the CNC Billet Voracity 36 Adjustable Trim tabs?

Default Any ETA on the CNC Billet Voracity 36 Adjustable Trim tabs?

I have been waiting for these all (last) year and it still says out of stock.
    Are these going to be in production soon? I'd love to have them not necessarily for adjustment but because they look so fricken cool!
    83020-B_medium.jpg
    [Pro-Boat Voracity 36-E] [Volantex Angry Shark 798-2]
    [Feilun FT-011] [UDI Tempo 002]

Quote Originally Posted by Tuono995 View Post
    Those look nice but I prefer the pepsi blue color of the other ones if I had the choice. I also noticed that company makes a dual pickup rudder and aluminum turn funs, also interested in those...

I just wonder about the dual pickup rudder dimensions and if they are the same as stock. My 2214 prop is dangerously close to the stock rudder and some extra length may result in the two hitting each other at a full turn.

pb70.JPG
    pb125k.JPG
    Last edited by Steve069; 02-04-2018 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added a sentence

That dual cooling rudder will only work if you have the revised rudder design on your Voracity with a breakaway shear screw. The original rudder was a fixed, one piece design.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    That dual cooling rudder will only work if you have the revised rudder design on your Voracity with a breakaway shear screw. The original rudder was a fixed, one piece design.
    Mine is the newer type.

I am curious though if that aftermarket dual pickup rudder would smack into my 2214 prop, the stocker just seemed to barely clear it when we tested it the other day when fully turned. The dual pickup rudder might be a bit longer (from the front to back) to accommodate the second water pickup hose...plus all that gear is from Australia and expensive to ship to us in the USA.
    Last edited by Steve069; 02-05-2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added a sentence

Velo 2.jpg

My Votacity arrived last night and fitted CNC trim tabs today!
    Last edited by Tuono995; 02-08-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Velo 2.jpg

My Voracity arrived last night and fitted CNC trim tabs today!
    They look sweet, almost identical to the ones OSE is advertising are "in production" I wonder if they are the same supplier. Would be awesome if RCboatbitz made everything available in blue as an option.
    RCBB gave me a spec of 5mm longer (from front to back) for the new dual intake rudder (stock is like 24mm), so it would definitely hit a 2214 prop as I only have about 2mm max clearance. I could drill out the rudder brace to allow it to scoot to the right a few mm but it may mess up the steering servo position. I wish the voracity had a big aftermarket following like the traxxas spartan does.
    Last edited by Steve069; 02-08-2018 at 02:55 AM. Reason: added a few sentences

Do you think this would do? I believe these are close in size where the ones you want are 40mm x 50mm, these are 30mm x 50mm. You could actually put four of these and be able to have more versatility in controlling the rides especially in turns as you can raise or lower the inside tabs to handle the turns better. I know it's added cost but handling would be superior. This is also available in OSE store. I'm actually going to get one this year but waiting for a great deal on these...new or used hopefully w/ upgrades

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Spa...cAAOSwKfVXLCAV

Quote Originally Posted by Bp9145 View Post
    Do you think this would do? I believe these are close in size where the ones you want are 40mm x 50mm, these are 30mm x 50mm. You could actually put four of these and be able to have more versatility in controlling the rides especially in turns as you can raise or lower the inside tabs to handle the turns better. I know it's added cost but handling would be superior. This is also available in OSE store. I'm actually going to get one this year but waiting for a great deal on these...new or used hopefully w/ upgrades

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Spa...cAAOSwKfVXLCAV
    Yea I did see the smaller ones, those look cool but Im probably going to wait to see if OSE releases the new ones before the summer or I'll just get the RCBB silver version.

Got tired of waiting for the OSE blue anodized trim tabs so I went with the RCBB silver tabs & black larger turn fins. I've already had the boat out with the new motor/esc/prop a few times and its uncontrollable after about 50mph.

upgrades.jpg

Velo 2.jpg

My Voracity arrived last night and fitted CNC trim tabs today!
    I installed mine yesterday, The bolts were much larger and I had to drill the hull to get them to fit. The washers were too large and would not fit over the bolts on the inside and I had to use smaller ones. After I got everything siliconed, the tabs would not sit flush with the bottom of the boat and stuck out which would cause drag in the water. I had to rip everything out again and elongate the bolt holes upwards to allow the tabs to no longer stick out at the bottom...Not a fun time and it definitely was not a direct bolt on as advertised.
    Last edited by Steve069; 05-17-2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Steve069 View Post
    Got tired of waiting for the OSE blue anodized trim tabs so I went with the RCBB silver tabs & black larger turn fins. I've already had the boat out with the new motor/esc/prop a few times and its uncontrollable after about 50mph.

upgrades.jpg
    What advantage do those turn fins have over stock? Is it a direct replacement for the turn fin?

I've wanted to upgrade mine and am thinking about these.

My last reply was deleted, so I will keep this one short. I did not notice any difference with the larger turn fins "performance wise". The adjustable trim tabs with a bit of rake will keep the boats nose in the water better, but they are heavy. The speed via GPS did not really change because of that.