Thread: Veles 29 . Fine adjustments

Default Veles 29 . Fine adjustments

I did a search and couldn't find anything. I started this thread for those that would like to share any adjustments they made to the veles 29 out of the box. I'm picking up my boat soon and want to get familiar with any adjustments that I should make.

I'm also new to electric, so if theres anything I should know, feel free to let me know.
    Last edited by batman53201; 01-20-2018 at 09:04 AM.

contact proboat/horizon and ask for the updated flex cable right away .or buy one .the included one has been known to break easy .madrcer has a veles thread ask him about setup .he has the fastest stock veles to date .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Already ordered 2 flex cables, but I will ask proboat for there updated one. Thanks

Welcome to the Veles club. I think you will like running this boat. I see you already have good props and flex cables. Great starting point. I have not had the opportunity to test mine much, but I am certainly willing to tell you where I am at. I have been running my packs in about the middle of the trays, strut set at 1.25 mm and flat as can be. I sharpened the rudder but didn't mess around with the length. In my case, I had to turn the steering rate down on the radio to keep the boat from spinning out in turns.

Thanks for your input vinny. I guess I will understand the strut adjustment once I get the boat.
    Last edited by batman53201; 01-21-2018 at 01:09 PM.

strut adjustment is usually done on a flat surface ,such as a flat table. then you measure the distance from the table to the bottom of your strut.like picture shows
    click on it to see larger version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    strut adjustment is usually done on a flat surface ,such as a flat table. then you measure the distance from the table to the bottom of your strut.like picture shows
    click on it to see larger version
    pictures are always appreciated. makes it so much easier to understand things. thank you. So, while adjusting strut, is it done by just loosening screws on the mount?

yes , 2 bolts .then slide strut up or down as needed and re tighten . in my example i scribe d my positions so i could return to them if needed

Quote Originally Posted by boatsrnew2me View Post
    yes , 2 bolts .then slide strut up or down as needed and re tighten . in my example i scribe d my positions so i could return to them if needed
    Looking closer, i noticed that. Good idea

Dave,
    Watch the below video starting at 2:35 and it will explain what strut adjustments do. If I were you I'd run the boat out of the box and see how it works for you. Rafael mentioned that he asked his team to set the strut at a certain position before distributing them. Also be weary of taking other peoples advice on props and setup because some setups are fast and work well for some, but might not work well for others driving style or water conditions. Not to mention you could burn up a motor or ESC with a "setup that works well for someone else". Below is what I suggest on top of what I have already told you as for as the set up goes.

1. Look for and clear any Aluminum debri or burrs that may exist inside the rudder water intake canal that could restrict water flow.

2. Change out the steering servo soon because I know of three boats that it has failed on resulting in a crashes. I just used a spare Zelos 36 Spektrum S605 and it's working fine so far. It is a relatively cheap waterproof servo and if you want to try it you can buy it here. https://www.horizonhobby.com/9kg-ser...l--23t-spms605

3. If you do feel the need to raise the strut don't raise it much, because it will easily flip at 55mph with it too high.

4. Change to the kfxguy flex before you even think about putting your dasboata prop on it.

5. Don't run your batteries below 3.7volts per cell, if you want them to live a long healthy life.

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I'm going to run it stock out of the box before I change anything. Thanks for the help

anyone know who I should contact to get an upgraded flex shaft from pro boat? Ive tried a couple people but didn't get a response

Thanks. Got it today

Just picked up my new Veles today wanted to ask about prop strut and other setup tips before first run. Have also purchased upgraded drive cable and couple from OSE store and pair of evoletric 2s 70 c 5000 mah batteries plan on sharpening and balancing stock prop for starters any other help would be greatly appreciated I currently own 2 Blackjack 29 cats one is all stock and the other is modded with 150 Esc and leopard 2200 kv 4074 also have a Impulse 28 modded with dynamite 120 Esc and leopard 4074 2000kv. Thanks

Congrats on the new boat! Below are some tips. I'm sure others have some better options for you such as some "on paper setup's" but below are my suggestions.

1. Look for and clear any Aluminum debri or burrs that may exist inside the rudder water intake canal that could restrict water flow.

2. Change out the steering servo soon because I know of three boats that it has failed on resulting in a crashes. I just used a spare Zelos 36 Spektrum S605 and it's working fine so far.

3. If you do feel the need to raise the strut don't raise it much, because it will easily flip at 55mph with it to high.

4. The abc 1816 prop is a fast 4s prop on this boat. My best speed with one prepped by dasboata was 57mph or so. The 1815 is a close second coming in at 55.4mph and the 1716 is an excellent prop on 4s, 5s and decent saw run speeds on 6s.

5. Dial the steering throw back a little to avoid possible spinout's in certain conditions, if you elect to go with a loose setup.

6. Upgrade the flex cable, which it sounds like you have already done.

Good luck with it!
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Thanks madrcer plan on contacting Dasboata for some more props he has done others for me before and they are the best I have been watching all of your videos since you started and that’s what convinced me into getting the Veles 29 .with my other boats my best speeds have been 59.7 with stock Blackjack v3 and 59.8 with upgraded Impulse v2 both of them with a Dasboata octura x642 prop. Wanted to ask what servo you recommend besides the Spektrum s605thanks again !
    Last edited by rw442; 05-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rw442 View Post
    Thanks madrcer plan on contacting Dasboata for some more props he has done others for me before and they are the best I have been watching all of your videos since you started and that’s what convinced me into getting the Veles 29 .with my other boats my best speeds have been 59.7 with stock Blackjack v3 and 59.8 with upgraded Impulse v2 both of them with a Dasboata octura x642 prop. Wanted to ask what servo you recommend besides the Spektrum s605thanks again !
    Thanks! I don't believe in the "Fake News" (as my pal Chris says... Lol) that some like to put out. Also, I'm glad my videos helped give you some insight on spending your hard earned money as well. Right now I'm ok with the s605 servo at this time and as long as it keeps holding my rudder straight I'll keep it in. But if I have any issues out of it I will put this reasonably cheap middle of the road servo in it that is linked below. Have fun with it!

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SW0231...avsw0231mg.htm