Thread: First Build: 42" MRP Fountain

Default First Build: 42" MRP Fountain

Hi all. My sons and I are rebuilding a old 42" MRP Fountain boat. I'm looking for suggestions for motor, battery, esc combinations. Any information on sizing/matching everything together would be great.
    Thanks!

An oldie!!! Cool. What are you expecting out of it?, and how does the plastic seem? Good yet? You may want to lay a little FG cloth in the bottom to aid in mounting things unless the old stuff is all useable.
    Perhaps a pic? Been quite awhile since I’ve seen one

Shawn

Welcome! Awesome! I love the vintage MRP boats! I got 3 vintage MRP's myself. You need to post some pics of this build. So what were you thinking? Using stock drive gear? New drive gear? Brushed motor or brushless motor and ESC? Below is a link to one of my vintage builds it was converted to brushless with stock drive gear when I purchased it but I modified it old school style.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...ehawk-FE-build

Quote Originally Posted by seroseman View Post
    Hi all. My sons and I are rebuilding a old 42" MRP Fountain boat. I'm looking for suggestions for motor, battery, esc combinations. Any information on sizing/matching everything together would be great.
    Thanks!
    Howdy, and a big WELCOME!
    I've done one of these... I think. Post up some pics to get us goin.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by seroseman View Post
    Thanks!
    Howdy, and a big WELCOME!
    I've done one of these... I think. Post up some pics to get us goin.
    Here is a thread I did a while ago:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...t=Mrp+fountain
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Cool

The first one I saw was at the APBA Nationals around 1995. It ran an Astro40 or Astro60 running over 40 NiCd cells. Threw a huge roostertail and hit maybe 40 mph tops. I think it was Jeff Vasquez’s boat. Enough reminiscing....

I agree that additional reinforcement is a very good idea. These hulls were pretty lightweight when new, and after 20 years the ABS has turned brittle. Should be a cool project.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for