Thread: Getting back to 60MPH

Default Getting back to 60MPH

I have a delta force 29 mono that uses a leopard 2200kv motor that i used to run on 5s with a CNC 640 detongued prop that did an estimated 60 Mph and up. Recently I scaled it down to 4s because I didn't like the heat. Since then the low temps are nice but I feel at a loss for speed especially since the most of my competition do at least 60. Does anyone know how to get up to 60 Mph with a setup like mine?

The motor is a leopard 3674 2200kv and the esc is the OSE raider 150amp

To get back to 60 mph (or whatever the original speed) you’ll need a prop with a pitch of approximately 3.1”. But the amp draw will be approximately 20% higher, so the heat will be at least the same. It is usually safer to use higher voltage to reach a specific speed, this lowers the amp draw and heat, and increases run time.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Brothers 1718 View Post
    I have a delta force 29 mono that uses a leopard 2200kv motor that i used to run on 5s with a CNC 640 detongued prop that did an estimated 60 Mph and up. Recently I scaled it down to 4s because I didn't like the heat. Since then the low temps are nice but I feel at a loss for speed especially since the most of my competition do at least 60. Does anyone know how to get up to 60 Mph with a setup like mine?
    I’ve got the same boat and motor! Love this little boat! I’ve got a Turnigy 180A in it. I’ve seem similar speeds with that prop. Mine really comes alive with a M543... I’ve found my 2200kv Leopard on 6s is just crazy fast. It’s more fun to drive with a 1700kv Leopard on 6s with a M445, really thinned out. I hope that helps. I got good runs with 4s, 2200kv running a M645, but it warms up the motor. The 6s setup seems better

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm considering this boat and power combo. I'd like to stick with a pair of 2 cell 5000 mah batteries because I have them for my RC trucks too. So if either of you are inclined to share your experiences, it sounds like the M645 is a good place to start, maybe detounged a bit or even go to an X645? Have either of you guys (or anyone else) found a prop that works better, or settled on a different power system that works better on 4s power?

I built one of these last year with a 1400kv 4082 motor and 150A raider, great boat. M445 is a good all around prop. I wouldn't put a 36 can motor in it, definitely go with a 40 just my opinion.

The setup that I used to get back up to speed is using the cnc 644 detongued propellor. Everything else has not changed I wouldn't recommend using a larger propellor than that because from my experience it really causes everything to heat up. I use the graphene packs from OSE and have found that a 70c pack can carry most of the strain however I had to limit the range of my throttle because it warms the packs up quite a bit. Im currently wondering if a 100c battery could handle the amp draws from the motor at max throttle. Also something to note is that its best to use a esc of 180A or up, 150A barely cuts it and gets hot. Also if using a detoungued propellor I found that they work better if you lower the starting/ throttle punch mode to the lowest one. Or at least thats what happened for me. I switched it to the lowest one because with it higher it took a while for the propellor to dig into the water and actually move the boat (also it sounded horrible when it did that). If there is anything anyone would like to know about this setup feel free to ask.