Thread: Repost ... Looking for help setting up a twin outboard V hull Fine design 32.

Default Repost ... Looking for help setting up a twin outboard V hull Fine design 32.

New guy, long time modeler here.

Looking to set this hull up with twin EP1 outboards for FE/Scale performance. I understand the limitations of the bottom end gears in these motors so im not looking for all out speed. I will be modifying the motors for much improved lower end lubrication as I have done in the past on similar outboards like the old school Robbe Roqua.

I have found this thread where a member here has done similar and would like to duplicate his success but there were some variables he left out of his thread.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...-console-build

On page 5 of that thread he gives details on the motors and props used but I cant find direct current replacements for what he used. He lists 2400KV Feigao motors and two Venom 32mm 1.4 counter rotating 3 blade props.

I also need to figure out how high to mount the motors on the hull for a good starting point.

I plan on power trim via a 3rd channel and linear servo with a custom made tilt bracket. I thought about also making a jack plate but figured it would be over kill for this.

Any ideas you guys could give me as to direct replacement motors and props used in the linked thread or motor mounting tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have also found the thread on this page

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...p-vhull-advice

And will be following that also.
    Last edited by RaisedByWolves; 01-21-2018 at 05:29 PM.

How about this, can anyone recommend something around 2400kv, watercooled and under 60mm length aol?

I would like to run this on 2 3s packs and prefer cheaper motors until I get everything worked out. I will be starting out with 32mm 3 blade counter rotating props. Total weight should be 5.5-6lbs when completed. I am @ 4lbs with hull and motors as it stands.

Any advise to go with something other than what has been laid out appreciated.

thats my post your watching....... so I just made a video for you to see how I mounted the twin outboards
    wont be ready for 1/2 hr its uploading to youtube and I will post it in the same thread I started
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...p-vhull-advice

I saw your post and made this video so you could see what I did, I still want to raise the setback plates a little so I will need to grind more off the tops of the setback till Im satisfied, hope this helps you

Cool, thanks a lot!

I think you are right about putting the motors higher owing to each being on one side of the V.

I'm probably going to turn this into a build thread as I'm planning on making a functional jack plate (manual adjust) and have a power tilt trim incorporated into it.

I picked up an Aouctionex (?) Linear actuator for the tilt/trim as most of the setups I've seen on YT were cheesy looking and didn't seem like they would have enough power to even hold the motor under load let alone provide trim under power.

Thin thing is supposed to put out 10-11lbs of force which should be plenty.