When I first saw the tiny 7" Casper hydro I was smitten, first I thought I would love to convert one to RC, and then after seeing some better photos I thought I would love to design and build something kind of similar myself to my tastes and specs, hoping to improve on it.

I have since been inspired and spured on by Dr. Jet's Casper hydro conversion that he is working on. Thanks Dr.

This is my atempt at doing something the same size but a little more racy, so it is based around specs I would give a Naviga Rigger, but massaged to fit a semi scale hydro body. Its basic dimensions are 7"x4", 1/3 sponson - 2/3 afterplane, 13mm wide sponsons, 10mm deep, with 6degrees AoA and 35degree anti-submarine wedges, 5mm of airtrap for 2/3 of the afterplane. it is the first boat I have drawn out full size on an A4 sheet of paper and had room to spare.

The gear I am using is :-
This 6.5g 4600kv outrunner
This 2g 5A ESC
This 9g 300mAh 1s 20c LiPo
This 1.9g servo
This 3.5g RX
And these Rivos XS props, I saw a Rivos XS today and thought it was a rebadged Magic Vee, but its prop is a 2 blader of about 20-22mm x 1.2 pitch with a 3mm shaft (by eye, I forgot the calipers) and a decent shape for surface drive, it should suit my needs nicely, I ordered a set so I will give measurements when I get them.

2018-01-15.jpg