Thread: Hacker B40 8L 2s prop question

Default Hacker B40 8L 2s prop question

This is an older but new motor I have had for years, it’s a 2 pole 28x55mm in runner 3750kv motor. I am wanting to try and run this in the old Parma Ski tiger mono I’ve got. The boat is relatively light, maybe 24” long, I’m not looking to go super fast, just looking for a starting prop recommendation for fun running. The only thing similar to this I’ve run was 15 years ago I ran a Lehner gold can 2 pole of the same dimensions but in a 5 turn in my n-2 rigger. I think I ran an x632 in the 5 lap small course oval races back then, and that was very fast back then for a 6 sub c cell rigger. I know it’s old, but I was thinking some one may have some experience with a similar set up for the b40 8l. Thanks!

Trey

The x435, x432 and x632 should be good props to try on 2s.

Thanks man, that’s pretty much what I was thinking too, but the boat has a 3/16 strut and shaft. I guess I’ll have to pick up a 3/16 to 1/8. Unless someone is offering the smaller sizes in 3/16 shaft size that I’m unaware of?

They used to have step-down shafts available. Haven't shopped for one in quite some time.

The prop recommendations are spot-on. I've run a lot of 2s setups. Depending on how the setup acts, you could also try a detongued Y535. I know that some will disagree with me, but it might serve your boat well. I don't usually use them on monos, but some models like that prop. If you go with some non-conventional props, the Tenshock 32x36 might work. It doesn't load the system much, but may not have enough bite to run well. I've used the Tenshock prop on riggers, sport hydros and mono (haven't tried on a 2s cat).

There is also the Octura 1.25. I only know a few people who have run them in recent years. With a little bending, it could be fun, if the boat doesn't run too wet.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

The smallest 3/16 shaft prop I know of is the TFL 435. Although, I do have a couple Propshop ones that are quite small from years ago, such as the 3214. Not sure if you could even get those now.

The step-downs are still available: https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-64pkg

IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions. I also found what used to be an x437/3 that I had long ago detongued and cut down to 35mm. I’m thinking for the size of the boat 35ish mm is probably minimum dia. I know spinning the crap out of a 32mm prop will work, from back in the brushed days, but it just looks so small on the back of a 24” boat. We will see though. Thanks again

Trey

What I just thought of too, which is kind of funny, but the ski tiger used to cone with either a Prather 215 or 220 prop for use with the provided Parma 27 turn motor. Those are 40-43mm. Crazy ness

It might be a little hard to control. So-far-as the x437/3, I do have one cut down to 35mm, but it doesn't do well on the monos I have. You may have a different experience. If, in your testing, you find that you still have room to prop-up, the x637 could be a possibility, but again, each hull will act differently and 6-series props are brutal on 2s, just a word of caution. However, the 632 should be just fine.