Thread: Battery Size

Default Battery Size

Hey guys just ordered a new Revolt 30 and had some questions on the best battery and MAH size. Now im looking for something that will still give me some good run time but also not be to heavy and affect the performance of the boat. I am going to be using the boat just to have some fun around the lake place this summer. I was looking at these SMC what do you guys think? Thanks for the help.

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=126

Well, I know you'll have to use two of them in series to get 4S. So you would have 4S 7400mah 90C. For me I use between 4S 4400mah - 4S 5300mah so I think 7400mah might be on the heavy side for a stock boat. I also have another that I use 2 X 3S 5000mah to run 6S, not stock of course, a bit more heavier but with more power it was able to move the boat. It's all about power if you have more weight on the boat. Sure you'll get more run time but at a cost of some loss of speed as it will be a little bow heavy due to the battery placement of that particular boat. If only you were able to move the batteries backwards then it would certainly be better but battery placement is limited to using that plastic tray and the way the components are arranged you can only move it slightly back if you were to remove the tray unless you want to rearrange it. I've tried 2 X 2S 6300mah before and compared to 2 X 2S 4400mah there was a significant difference in speed, about 5-10 mph depending on condition of the water. If you're ok with less than 40mph, which I'm thinking you might get then by all means. You'll have more run time and it shouldn't be that taxing on your gear but make sure you check everything anyway. But that boat is setup for 4S and it runs great with 2 X 2S 4000mah to 5300mah max. Even if you change your motor/esc for 6S 4000mah - 5300mah max is still what I would recommend. I love this boat. It's a great running boat with lesser weight. If you still want to run that 4S 7400mah make sure you adjust your strut to raise the bow so you won't run wet. Regardless, when you fine tune that boat just right it's an awesome fun boat. That's why I have two.

Thanks man that's exactly what I was wondering. I might pick up the 5000 mah than.

Quote Originally Posted by nodak Bowfisher View Post
    Thanks man that's exactly what I was wondering. I might pick up the 5000mah than.
    NP, other things you can do to is to sharpen the turning fins and the rudder blade and make sure your prop is sharpened and balanced. Mine are so sharp I can slice through paper like a sharp knife. I would do this run your boat without sharpening the fins, rudder and prop. Then sharpen the fins and rudder blade and take note on increase in speed. Then sharpen and balance the prop and watch it go even faster You would be surprised how much faster the boat is with these minor tasks but major improvements on how the boat runs. Also don't forget to adjust your strut so that most of the front of the hull is out of the water and angle your fins far back. . . .it took me quite some time with many slight adjustments to get mine running the way I wanted it. Do some homework on the boat setup and you'll love this boat. It just handles so nice. Oh, props that are great contenders for this boat in stock form is X642 and my go to prop M445. . .have fun, lots of fun. I know you just wanted to know what batteries are good but I hope you don't mind me sharing some of my experience with this boat.

I appreciate the advise. I can't wait to get this thing on the water except I live in North Dakota and have a few more months to wait😭

Quote Originally Posted by nodak Bowfisher View Post
    I appreciate the advise. I can't wait to get this thing on the water except I live in North Dakota and have a few more months to wait
    Oh man, the wait would drive me crazy. Well then at least you'll have plenty of time to research all the things other people have done to set this boat up right. Perhaps spring will come early this year. Keep us posted when the ice thaws and you get this running. . .until then keep warm.

Yep, a lot of research during the cold winter months when the water is hard.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Smc packs are nice, the 4600mah 2s 90c should be an excellent performing pack.

Light weight and excellent voltage under load.

I use 2x 5000 mAh 70c batteries in my Revolts and I get good speed and handling for a solid 4 minute run time.