Thread: My Apparition redo from Turbo Dan-O

Default My Apparition redo from Turbo Dan-O

So I was fortunate to have Turbo Dan gift me this Apparition hull during the Christmas Giveaway this season. He also sent a bunch of items along with it to get me started. Along with some running gear he sent me the motor out of his Pursuit, which I believe is a 3660 1620Kv SSS. I plan on using a 125a ESC that I have from a Pursuit of mine, and running it on 6s, just to start out. A bunch of parts arrived here from the OSE parts store last week. After I get it sorted out next season, I'll work on performance updates. It's something like -10 here in NY with the wind btw. Dan already did a carbon fiber inlay, and I repaired a few cracks, but Ive been reading posts here about reinforcing the front of the hull, where the deck meets the hull, in between the sponsons out front. What kind of epoxy should I try and run up to the seam, and how do I get it there? Just mix up a batch of JB Weld, and smear the area with a paint stirrer perhaps?

As far as a cosmetic redo, I've included a few photos of my progress so far. Being a MOPAR guy, I'm going with a 1970 Plumb Crazy Purple Roadrunner theme, as inspired buy a guy here who I've saw who made a very tastefully done Shelby tribute cat. Dust trail and Air Grabber decal inbound, and a pair of flat black stripes running up the deck. I'm going to wet sand the paint now to remove a few imperfections, and apply decals when they arrive, then clear coat it all.

More pix to follow. Thanks to all for the help, and thanks again to Dan.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Looking good. PCP is never a bad choice in color. I fill the tips of my cats with a small pour of finishing resin and chopped carbon fiber. You can pour and spread the same mixture over the front seam of the tunnel bridge as well. Depending on the temperature of the starting liquids, I've used that same mixture to drip down and cover the seams of the sponsons well past were I could reach by hand. I did one side at a time and let it dry with the hull propped on its side with a slight angle forward to keep everything where it needed to be.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the quick response fweasel. Something like this perhaps:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pacer-Zap-Z...edirect=mobile

Thanks