Thread: ML Boatworks GP and SX Sport Hydro retirement and GSXv2 series release info

Default ML Boatworks GP and SX Sport Hydro retirement and GSXv2 series release info

Just wanted to give a big thanks to all those that run, or have run the GP sport hydro series hulls over the years, making it a very popular, and successful hull. As of this week, I will begin the phase out of that product lineup. The first sizes to be retired, are the GP310, and GP400 sizes. The SX400 will also be retired. While it is very fast, it has never been a big seller, and with no build info for my customers, I am just gonna let that one die off as well. It was never that popular anyways. All GP / SX series cowlings will continue to be offered for 2018, after that, depending on requests, the molds are being put up for good.

The GP265 and GP335 will remain for now, but I am actively working on a GSX-338v2 and a GSX-265v2 to replace those. (Skipping directly to the soon to be released v2 versions described below)

I am also in development of a GSX310v2 and a GSX380v2 as well. I would also like to revisit the GSX480 in the next few months as well, and maybe do an FE version of that hull.

The v2 of the GSX lineup information....

The GSX has been very successful thus far, and the holiday sale proved it was time for the GP series to be retired, but over the holidays, I took some feedback I have received on the GSX series, and began making some sponson updates to improve the hull. I have been told with large mah capacities(10000mah or more) in the GSX310, and GSX380 that dead stop take offs will try and stuff the sponson due to the extra weight. To counter this, I am increasing the main ride pad width by a full 3/8" on the GSX 380, and by 1/4" on the GSX310...This will make the sponson wider, more buoyant, and help hold the hull up with these extreme conditions of oversized mah setups. Because more ride pad surface could hinder the top speeds seen by these hulls..I am finally giving in...and doing a full shingled sponson setup on both sizes...and the upcoming 265 and 338 sizes. The shingled sponsons should help free the hull up above and beyond even the original design...making for a faster platform, with more buoyancy. Be on the lookout for the GSX380v2 and GSX310v2 hulls in the coming weeks.

I am excited to be putting together one final design change to the GSX series....It is quickly becoming my most popular lineup, and after this, I don't see much more room for change...other than a fiberglass lineup which is long overdue.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!

Mike, ML Boatworks
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Very interesting Mike. Why is the 265 so popular? I thought that size hull for electric was a tough sale. Anyway, always looking forward to new stuff from you.

Do nitro guys run the 265?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Mike
    You should consider an outboard rigger. Zip kits makes one for nitro that can be converted to electric. I will be buying one because getting a good tunnel is either a lot of hard work or a waiting game. I'm done waiting for a good tunnel but have 2 lower ends collecting dust. Well, not for long. Many people have lower ends and putting one on a rigger just makes for a fast and easy boat to build and drive. I will also be interested in a new Q sport hydro if that is what you were talking about. I get confused with all the different numbers you have.

Mark