Thread: Salvaged but clean title, Spartan

Default Salvaged but clean title, Spartan

Last month I picked up a M41, never thinking I was going to enjoy a boat as much as I have been. So A couple of weeks ago I picked up a spartan that has been used and abused even though it had its upgraded rudder, .187 shaft, futaba radio and prop, the hull and cap were beat up and the esc was not working.

I read about the esc and come to find out it has a burned out bec so I plugged in a battery straight to the receiver and bam esc works! The plugs and cap pack were all corroded so I switched them out.

I stripped the silver paint to find black paint and some paint that seems to be house paint. Lol. Seriously, house paint. So far I have sold off a couple of items that came with it such as batteries to pay back on this purchase and bought a new cap since it seems the previous owner made holes in it for what I would assume he thought would be ventilation.

Here are some pics, poor boat.

Here it is stripped, epoxy on the front which I still have to sand down and cobalt blue color test on the old cap which will be the color for the whole boat as soon as the cap gets here I can start painting

Now.

Here is a video of it doing 57.9 mph on 4s.

Well done!! ! ! ! ! That looks like one happy boat>>>>>

Wow, that thing was hammered! House paint...

Nice work. She's back and better than ever now!
    Pursuit: T-180, TP 4060/1620kv. Genesis: T-180, GoolRC 2000kv. UL-1: Bone stock. MHZ Tsunami: Full tilt SAW project!