Thread: Good day for Craigslist

Default Good day for Craigslist

Just completed a 2hr round trip to pick up a couple of 1/12 Miss Bud hydros, from two completely different sellers. The stars must have been aligned. One hull is a brand new replacement, never been wet, and will get all the running gear swapped over from a buddy's boat that has kissed the dock one too many times. The other is a slightly older version of the Proboat, complete, with a locked up engine. I think I'll strip it down and do an electric conversion on that one. Definitely more of a shelf queen for me.

2017-12-28 10.46.43.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I did an Elam conversion. Speedmaster hardware, got rid of the stock turn fin which is aweful and put ul1 fin on. Aq 1800kv and 5s pack in cockpit. Also added some weights to the sponsons. Great runner. Congrats man cool hull!

Sweet! Winter project time!
    Pursuit: T-180, TP 4060/1620kv. Genesis: T-180, GoolRC 2000kv. UL-1: Bone stock. MHZ Tsunami: Full tilt SAW project!

one looks shorter than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    You're right, it does. Must just be an optical illusion, because they're the same length. The differences between the hulls are really just with the stuffing tube and strut attachment.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Older models came with a straight shaft, newer ones came with a flex shaft...if I remember correctly.

Older models came with a straight shaft, newer ones came with a flex shaft...if I remember correctly.
    Correct.

Turns out the engine isn't seized, it was the solid shaft. I have it about half out. Hull is leaned up against the wall and the top half of the stuffing tube is filled with PB blaster. I'll let it soak overnight and try again in the morning.

Good score Ryan! They are good runners. I have one that runs and on up in the attic.

left hull missing back wing--makes boat look smaller

Any tips for the conversion? I want to convert my 1/12 Budweiser to electric. I assume the Elam nitro has identical hull and dimensions?