Thread: Needing some help with my spartan please

Default Needing some help with my spartan please

Ok so i have a problem had my spartan for 1 year now ran good for 4 months then i upgraded a few bits
    and runs not as stable also not as quick of the mark anymore

running
    lepoard x2 1600kv
    seaking 180amp 15 deg timing
    x2 3s hyperion graphine lipos 5200mah 90c
    prop 44mm 1.6 pitch brass

dual pick up rudder,stinger,dual tabs all rc boat bitz stuff
    new flex shaft upgrade .187 teflon line and new brass

this boat stock was great has awesome take off and turning pretty stable with little to no chine walk

now i have massive cavatation at hole shot and cornering its like a slingshot till it get up onto plane then shes away
    temps are good still on everything

stinger is set at 0 line from v in hull
    trim tabs flush of the rear

any ideas to what be happening i have tryed a 42mm 1.6 pitch prop also played with the stinger angle down 3-4mm from centre dont what else to try to get this thing as zappy as it used to be before the motor and esc change

cheers

jarrod

new zealand

i have a leo 4082 x2 1600 in my pursuit and run a balanced and sharpened x645 from ose . that setup i got a best of 57.4 and believe i could have hit 60 that day but i backed off .so maybe try a x645 .
    if your running any prop that starts with "M" its gonna cavitate off the line as these props are designed to get more top end at the sacrifice of holeshot power .
    i think my setup could even run a x646 and i plan to try that .

i have a spartan as well and like you mentioned its pretty good in stock form ,all i have done to my spartan is a better cooling jacket and i run a balanced and sharpened blackjack 29 prop(same as a prather 215)and my best with that has been 56.7 mph . its has great torque ,a good holeshot and plenty enough power for me .i have not felt the need to upgrade it .

have you calibrated your throttle (tx)since the upgrade?that comes to mind too. good luck and report back
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

another thing you can try is timing. .OP didn't mention size of motor only Kv but I believe that is a Y wind motor. .with that said try your timing starting around 10deg advance and move up slowly and watch temps. I have a 4082 1600kv with SK180 on one of my Spartan with all that RC blitz upgrades that I run 4S, 5S and 6S depending who is driving and my timing is 11.25 using an X642 or M545 works fine. Although, timing helps with having your motor and esc performing efficiently it doesn't normally affect the handling of the boat it is adjustments of prop angle, your tabs. . .etc but that should be addressed as well. When you say dual trim tabs do you mean on each side? I don't have dual tabs on each side but it has everything you have on yours plus a splash guard and it took some adjustments on prop angle and trim tabs after installing all the new gear. Your battery placement will also change from what you normally had it before. .not much but some and that alone can affect the boat's performance and as for your prop that should be fine too. .

i run the same timing as bp9145
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Hi Jarrod
    I've got the same setup as you. Yet to give it a run. How is the setup going? I'll let you know if I have similar problems and let you know the things I have tried on my test day.