Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest 54mph I have ever seen on a gps

Default Fastest 54mph I have ever seen on a gps

https://youtu.be/Y1KKagEKY9I

Like the topic says fastest 54mph I have ever seen.

Leopard 4092 1730kv, 5s and octura m545

Looks about rite to me. That’s mid 50’s.

if you have a gps why not record your speed and show us ? end this debate
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

A lot more realistic than 100!

The GPS say 54mph, but when I measured the area and saw the phone timer I don't think 54 is right.

Let just say from the beginning of 14 seconds to the start of 15seconds I measured 115 feet.

Ruff estimate for the timer.

And I know for a fact at the start of 12 seconds before I really squeeze to the beginning of 15 seconds is around 280 feet. So this thing is covering big distance quick. For the setup.

It looks about the same as other boats I have seen timed in the mid 50s.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    The GPS say 54mph, but when I measured the area and saw the phone timer I don't think 54 is right.

Let just say from the beginning of 14 seconds to the start of 15seconds I measured 115 feet.

Ruff estimate for the timer.
    its 54. period.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

This my issue, I raced against other boats that I saw the GPS reading for and when my boats the same speed or faster they GPS does read 10 to 15mph faster than mine.

I was racing a traxxas m41 which I know GPS at 45mph, I was running a bad 3s battery in my revolt with the same 4092 1730kv and the m545, my setup was getting 30 on GPS at best and his boat had trouble to pass my revolt.

I had another experience where I was racing a impulse 31 power by a 2200kv 3974 and a x642 on 4s, seaking 180 ESC. He was getting 48mph and my boat was a lot faster than his and my GPS was reading 35mph at best.

In fact a lot of the ready to run boats like the spartan, impulse 31, m41, blackjack 29 will struggle to beat my revolt when I am running 3s right now versus them using 6s in stock out form.

That is 3s with my 4092 1730kv and m545. I have seen all of them and I raced against them.

So I know you guys would have those boats to be doing high 40's on 6s and my boat would be competitive with them while using 3s.

And 5s gives an additional 20 mph from 3s on GPS.

So I know those boats can't get close to my revolt unless highly upgraded and I don't think that 54mph could be right.

Find a cop with a radar gun.

Well the GPS say 54mph.

So maybe they GPS was wrong.

I have videos of the race to back up my claims, but don't want post with out the other racer consent.

But thank you guys for the feedback.

If you are concerned that your GPS may be inaccurate, verify its accuracy with the your cars speedo. Turn it on, lay it on the dash and go for a ride. If its off, then you will know.

Just confirms what I said the first time around in the other thread @ 54mph, you clearly have not experienced many fast boats if you think that looks more than mid 50s.

My GPS would be 4 to 5 mph slower than a car speedometer at the reading I got.

I realize something boats run a lot slower in salt water then, or at least in my region because a spartan on 6s stock cannot run my revolt when I am using 3s with my present setup, by the way what I am doing on 3s now is much faster than a stock revolt on 4s. In fact some of the setups I see in these threads for the p limited boats I would beat using just 3s in my region.

Not to mention what would happen when I am using my 5s setup.

My GPS would be 4 to 5 mph slower than a car speedometer at the reading I got.
    Because you actually tested it or is this more YouTube stick measuring math? Go for a ride in the car, GPS on the dash, simple test.

I realize something boats run a lot slower in salt water then, or at least in my region because a spartan on 6s stock cannot run my revolt when I am using 3s with my present setup, by the way what I am doing on 3s now is much faster than a stock revolt on 4s. In fact some of the setups I see in these threads for the p limited boats I would beat using just 3s in my region.

Not to mention what would happen when I am using my 5s setup.
    In fact a lot of the ready to run boats like the spartan, impulse 31, m41, blackjack 29 will struggle to beat my revolt when I am running 3s right now versus them using 6s in stock out form.
    Is your Revolt faster than a stock "RTR" Veles 29 running on 6s? BTW Saltwater is faster than freshwater...

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I to agree salt water is faster than fresh water, I run on salt water 90% of the time & when we run on fresh water from time to time the boats are slower. On fresh water you can here the motor revving higher but giving a slower speed, due to more prop slip on fresh water. On the denser salt water the prop grips more & gives less prop slip.

I actually tested the GPS against 3 vehicle speedometer and same result.

I have race the veles but I race the traxxas m41, the blackjack29 both running upgraded props, I race a proboat mystic that had in a 4074 getting over 50 on gps, I race a impulse 31 that had in a aquastar 2200kv, turning a x642 getting 48mph on GPS.

I raced a montley crew with a 4074 getting low 50'smph on GPS.

My boat was walking away from the 48mph impulse.

It was up there in speed with the boats that was getting low 50's on a dynamite GPS.

I see all the GPS reading for myself and what bothered me is even though my I was up there with those guys in speed when I use my garmin GPS I was getting in the 30's on it.

Even when I was right they in speed.

I found later that if the connection between the ESC is not strong your boat will loose a lot of speed.

And the difference between those races and now is I have changed my ESC from a seaking 120 to a traxxas spartan ESC. I done a lot to enhance the connection between the ESC and motor and the result is up to 4mph on GPS faster at 5s. I am alot faster on GPS now than I was then when I did some of those races 16 to 18mph on GPS faster.

My speed calculations was inline with they GPS most times with a mile or 2. Most times as a matter of fact my calculation line up.

Example I did a GPS run one time and the GPS recorded 47mph, I had the run video taped and identified some buoys which I though could be used for a speed trap. I measured from one buoy to the other 131 feet. When I played back the video on a big screen and timed it I got 1.88 seconds on my timer. That worked out to 69.68 feet per second or 47.53 mph.

Another example I did a run with my GPS and saw 25.6mph I had the run recorded on video the distance was 325 feet I was timing 8 seconds from start to finishing 40.625 feet per second or 27.7 mph at like variance but close.

I am usually close. But I am claiming the GPS is off many times.

Another issue I have with my GPS I measured a distance then when to remeasure the distance with my garmin GPS. The GPS was way off initially by 50 or 60 feet short. So I when back over it again and it was like 8 feet short the next time. Each time it give a different reading. So I was thinking can you rely on this thing.

Anyway I measured the area where I ran in the video and when I say the camera timer I knew right away the GPS had to be way off.

This is my calculation 246feet cover in 2.75 seconds or 89.45 feet per second or 61mph.

Remember I said above my GPS would be 4 to 5 mph slower than a car speedometer at the reading I got. Which would be 58 to 59mph in a car. So my calculation very close.

Thanks for the feedback.

Salt water is more buoyant than fresh water, you get more lift on the hull on salt water. Reducing the wetted area on the hull.

You guys guys might be right about the mid 50's but I telling you guys if you was running in my area your boats would be way slower than what you getting.

A 4082 2200 on 6s when setup with a 42mm prop is only good for mid to upper 50's in my area.

Here something crazy our boats are pulling far less amps than you guys based on what some post they have to put back after a stated time. My boat is only pulling about 50 amps. My revolt when it was stock with 4255 prop I would run 6 mins and 30 secs full throttle up and down and put back in 2800 mah. 25.84 average amps. Hard running up and down. I was getting over 4 minutes with the m545 on 4s with the stock ESC and motor. 2800 mah would recharge the pack where it started.

So you would get more runtime but the boats would be much slower.

Boats like the impulse and revolt does high 20's on my GPS 4s with the grimracer 4255. If you upgrade to a m445, m545 or m645 you will get another 4 to 5mph.

A stock spartan on 6s will run mid 30's make.

The blackjack 29 a little faster than the spartan upper 30's on 6s probably.

Montley Crew and Locus oil close to revolt if you use 4s.

I know guys who run 2000kv and 2200kv on 6s. Those setups will get you in the a little above mid 50's.

My 4092 1730kv used to record in the 30's on 4s. Oh and the 4092 1730kv and the m545 will be faster than a 4074 2200 with a x642 on 4s.

I have the 4092 2080kv too and that is about 4mph faster than the 1730kv with the same prop on 3s. The both of them close on 4s too.

But the lower kV has significantly more runtime.

I also hear the mono 1 class mono's run in the 40's you will get low 20's in my area. I have a exceed shark mono 1 boat with a 5050kv 2860 motor, using 2s and a m435 3blade prop I got 27mph. My revolt is getting 33mph on 3s with the 1730kv and the m545. So if they had a mono 1 event in my area I could use my revolt and get almost double the runtime while being 6 to 7mph faster and have the ability to had the race waters.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share how rc boating is in my area.

Ok... I'll bite. Why are boats so much slower in your area?

Bermuda triangle strikes again!

That's a good question, why are boats so much slower, I remember following the review on the revolt before I bought it. When I herd how much amps it was pulling on data recorded I wasn't sure it would work.

After I bought it and did some testing I found it was pulling far less amps than what I was reading.

Despite pulling less amps, the boats are slower.

Sounds like the place where the laws of physics go on holiday.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Or the guys in your area don't know how to set boats up properly.

We know how to setup boats properly. I just developed a method to time boats between point with accuracy using a video.

Which is to much detail to explain right now.

What I will say is I have well over a hundred videos of our racing activities for reference and I measured all the area where we ran at some point.

And our speeds was fluenting at different location around the island based on what I learned.

And the GPS was off by far most of the time and I know it for a fact right now.

Man if I could show you guys this timing technique it would blow your mind.

I think my mind is already blown by now, good luck testing. I am stepping aside.

https://youtu.be/sHYU-kFBVcI

This is some one in my area running, first location with the montley is around a distance over 300 feet for the pass but the beach is much longer that just talking about the hard pass distance. The second boat later in the video is running close to 500 feet. Watch the video timer to give an idea what's going on.

My revolt would probably beat the two of those boats right now if we were to race.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast