Thread: HRB lipos any good?

Default HRB lipos any good?

Looking for a decent 6s Lipo to run. The 50c 5000 mah 6s is around 68.00. Seems decent.
    Genesis (Bosncali Geico Beater) Leopard 4082 1500KV
    (63.7 MPH) Traxxas Spartan (same setup)

I bought a set of 3S packs last year, from the Chicago based distributor. Took nearly 2 weeks for delivery. Cells arrived horribly mismatched and the power leads were made up of mismatch gage wire. They didn't seem to have the same punch as my Graphene packs, but I trust the C rating as I had no puffing issues.

Shaun

Have you tried the Graphene packs from Giant Power yet, He is located in MI.?

https://www.mojoracingproducts.com/

Giant Power racers won more NAMBA National Championships then any other battery in 2017.

I have some and will be getting more in the spring, many time records have been set using them also,

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thanks. They are double the price. Also looking at turnigy for same 60.00 price.

I've had good success with my Turnigy Graphene packs.

the turnigy heavy duty 60c packs are pretty nice ,i have a set of 3s . the power leads are like 8 gauge,they wont fit thru a ec5 connector just so you know .gens ace 50c packs are good as well .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

I have the gens ace 4s 50 hard pack and love it. Just realizing most 6s batteries with high capacity won’t fit so it looks like I’m getting a turnigy 4500 mah 30c battery. It fits in the tray. I only want it for high speed runs occasionally.

What boat/setup will the OP be using for his “speed runs”? I ask because a 30C/4500mAh pack is only “good” for around 135 discharge amps. It will supply more of course, but there will be a bigger voltage depression. As amps go up the voltage drops, eventually output watts (power) won’t change a lot. But perhaps he doesn’t care about getting the best possible speed, just faster than 4S.

This is does not take into account the actual C-rating of the cells. There is no way for the average hobbyist to tell the actual rating value, so some sellers just make up what they print on the label - one seller’s 65C is another’s 35C. The best way to insure an accurate rating is to buy from a trusted maker, which is what the OP seems to want to do. Good luck.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I have been racing with HRB packs for a couple of years now. They suit my purpose & are my go to packs when I need to buy more packs.
    I've never had a failure with them yet. But others in my club, & people like fweasle have. Unfortunate to say the least.
    I only buy the 6000mah 50-100c rated packs in 2s, 3s, 4s, & 6s. The main reason is that they come in under our weight restrictions here in Australia. I've got enough now to run 3 heats of 5 classes on any race day without the need to charge at the lake.

Bear in mind that we are not allowed to run parallel packs here for racing, so I think we abuse packs a bit more in a race.

I'm not in any way suggesting that they are the best packs in the world. Far from it. But for the price, they are holding up so far.
    Again, others have not been so lucky.

You can calculate the 'Actual C Rating' of your packs, if those sort of stats concern you. Don't forget that as the packs get older, & the IR increases, the C rating reduces too.
    You do need accurate IR measurements, but here is a link that will give you the information & the calculator.

http://www.soko-heli-tools.com/en/li...alculator.html

It’s actually for my losi 8ight 3.0 E Truggy with mamba monster 1515 2200 kv.

Any updates on these?

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I've had good success with my Turnigy Graphene packs.
    Good to know i have these

I have 2 sets of HRB 6000 50c 3s
    two of them swelled up running my TP Power 4060 with a 646 prop data log said the batteries dropped to 19.6 during 100% throttle and was drawing 255 amps.
    granted heat was a issue with that motor, Ive since taken it out .