Thread: Osprey.

Default Osprey.

The quickest build I've ever done.
    I bought this Osprey hull full of loose bits from a fellow club member John. He wasn't racing it anymore & didn't want it.
    He did a brilliant job on the rails, wet well, motor mount & battery tray, when he built it initially.
    So I assembled all the bits, added an old TP 4060 1350kv motor, Sea King 180 ESC, & servo,
    I moved the ESC to the left side of the boat, which meant I had to move the safety loop too. So I used an antispark setup from Jeti while I was at it.

I also removed all the tribal graphics & added a bit of trim colour. That will make it easier for the C.D. when he's calling the races, because there are a couple of other Osprey hulls at the club.
    The whole thing only took a few hours to get together & paint
    So here is next years EB 6s (your Q class) Mono for our club racing.

Just thought I'd share.

The boat full of bits.
    002.jpg

The bits bolted on to the blunt end of the boat.
    002.jpg

The layout in the hull.
    003.jpg

The old tribal graphics gone & a bit of green trim added.
    004.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good Paul. The Osprey sure looks similar to a Pursuit. I know they are bigger but if it runs like one then it’s a keeper! I like the graphics

I've always like the color green. This one looks nice, clean and simple but still looks classy. . .does that make sense?LOL. .Well, it means I like it a lot, nice job Paul.

Be nice to see a video of it running Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Looks good Paul. The Osprey sure looks similar to a Pursuit. I know they are bigger but if it runs like one then it’s a keeper! I like the graphics
    It's often been said that the Pursuit & the Osprey are flops of the Delta Force hulls.

Bp9145.
    Thanks. It's a nice green. Dulux duramax enamel. It's called 'Grass Court'. In a rattle can.

Martin.
    Unfortunately our next practice day at the club won't be until late January. So it will be a while.

But here is a typical EB Mono race with some Delta Force hulls & my Ariane 2 taking the win. Just to whet your appetite