Quote Originally Posted by Jerryemartin1958 View Post
Is there an assortment of props available!
I'm not really sure if that was a question or a comment. I'll assume it's a question. Yes, there are an assortment of small props available, but most are 20mm or so. 20mm looks HUGE on this hull. Much of what I've experimented with in the RC world depended heavily on the TLAR method (That Looks About Right). The prop I'm starting off with is considerably smaller, well shaped/molded, and "looks about right". It's from the Kyosho Mini-Z Formula 1 boat. I haven't measured the diameter, but I suspect it is in the 14mm range (based on the photo of it on a penny) and probably 1.2 pitch or less. The motor I chose came in two Kv ranges: 4,500 and somewhere around 11,000. I chose 4,500 rpm/V based on my experience with the mini hulls (17" or so) I run on 2S. I run props from 26mm up to 32mm with those hulls and motors between 3,000 and 4,500 rpm/V. The lower power of this little motor should be close to fitting well with the smaller prop. We shall see. This could be Epic Fail, or Stunning Success.

As far as I know there is only one Kyosho Mini-Z prop; the one you see here in the photos.