Thread: Wanting Info on Racing

Default Wanting Info on Racing

Hello! If a person were interested in getting set up to race for the first time, what would be the suggestion for a boat and the set up for the boat? I have had a mono in the past just for fun. And I have the rx/dx already. I would like your thoughts, please.

Personally, I would go to a local boat racing meet and observe and then ask questions/advice to the members. Also have a budget number you can live with.

yes you should go to the club where you will race and decide what hull type you would like then find out what brands are used and what motors etc etc etc are used. this way you will end up with a boat that will be competitive and not outdated.

Cool

Since we don’t know where you live (“FE” is not a state) it is tough to give you much direction. Assuming you have a local club which runs the class, I would suggest starting with a P-Limited Mono or Catamaran. These are 4-cell boats with lower powered motors, but are hardly slow. These are good classes to run while learning how to race with others. They are also the most popular classes nationwide.

Let us us know where you live and we can point you towards a local club.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Sorry! I hadn't noticed that I lived in "FE"!! I live in the Seattle area and Puget Sound Fast Electric is the group who hold racing events. I will get out to an event and see what they do. I was looking at P-Limited Mono, so thank you for that information.

Most people will suggest a TFL Pursuit mono. I think Steve at OSE sells them as well as other places.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Here is a link to the club’s schedule and the classes they run.

http://www.psfastelectrics.com/schedule.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thank you!