Thread: MRP Bud light 22'' tunnelhull set up ?

Default MRP Bud light 22'' tunnelhull set up ?

Hi all my friend is putting together the Bud light tunnel kit #10-1941 1991 era he has no set up instructions he plans on installing the OSE80980 mini outboard sold by Offshore electrics .He needs to know where the prop center line is in relation to the sponson bottom ? Regards Andris Golts.

Hello, here are some pics of mine with the stock outboard I hope they help. The plastic for my lower unit fell off one run this summer but might help in the pictures. Please update on your friends project I am interested in it. I was thinking of re-powering mine with the scale Evinrude Outboard ose-90100.

DSCN2440.jpgDSCN2441.jpgDSCN2442.jpgDSCN2443.jpgDSCN2444.jpg

If you want me to take anymore measurements or pictures let me know.

A good starting point on most outboard tunnels, set center line prop shaft slightly above sponson bottom(1/32 or so) add in a couple degrees negative trim/thrust angle, should be good to go
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Thanks to both of you for the great information. Regards Andris Golts.

Good reference emspjay.

Hey, I jest picked up, a fixer upper MRP Bud Light tunnel on flee-bay, and its gona take a lot of make over to bring it back ha ha. Always liked that toy boat. The hull is in good condition it jest got painted over, blue??? The cowling is original, decals are faded an not in good condition. As for motor there is none, jest the original lower with missing parts. I'm hoping a K&B lower with a Dubro mount will fit, if so I've already got an outboard ready ta go. I've got an air brush an some paints, let the restoration begin, jest one thing missing, the boat, it won't arrive till after the 1st. Guess what I'll be doing all winter? see you in spring when ponds thaw out.

Looking forward to seeing your restoration JestDanny.

So my new old MRP tunnel arrived yesterday afternoon, I spent last night investigating / researching my new winters project. The cowling its self is faded but the original stickers are in pretty good shape, I'll leave them alone for now and just get the hull redone. I removed the stock lower, and great news is a K&B lower with a Prather mount will fit perfectly back there. here's the drive train I've got waiting. Leo 36x50mm 2290 kv on the K&B lower, SeaKing 60 amp, I'm thinking a x438 prop? I'm just looking for speeds around 30mph, on 3s 5000 50c battery. If the Leo don't work I've got a ProBoat 36x50mm 2000kv that will, tested it on the Dumas hull. I've got the electronics placement, every thing all figured out in my head.

SAM_3404.jpgSAM_3405.jpgSAM_3408.jpg

Here it is, this is the project, tunnel boat three. Starting point before pictures, stay tuned for up dates.

SAM_3460.jpgSAM_3461.jpg

So I got the old MRP hull back all white. Progress is a little slow cause I'm doing a make over of one of my other tunnels at same time. I'm a little concerned over the weight of the outboard and 3S battery set up , that's an old plastic hull, I beefed up transom best I could, time will tell. Back to the paint shop it goes.

Looking good!!