Thread: Is a leopard 4092 1730kv motor too long for the newer revision hull?

Default Is a leopard 4092 1730kv motor too long for the newer revision hull?

My body has the (newer?) support brace directly glued in right behind the motor. The older Voracitys in pictures do not have this brace. I've already bought a Turnigy 180 ESC & a 2214 ABC prop that Dasboata did for me. The leopard 4092 is 10mm longer than the stock dynamite motor according to its dimension specifications. Is the 4092 going to fit in the hull directly or am I going to need to hack away at the support brace or possibly cut and try to move it back a little bit...or cut the flex cable shorter? Any advice or anyone run into the same situation?
    [Pro-Boat Voracity 36-E] [Volantex Angry Shark 798-2]
    [Feilun FT-011] [UDI Tempo 002]

You'll likely need to carve out room for the longer can. Don't bother trying to remove or move the entire brace, just make the room you need with a dremel bit.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve069 View Post
    My body has the (newer?) support brace directly glued in right behind the motor. The older Voracitys in pictures do not have this brace. I've already bought a Turnigy 180 ESC & a 2214 ABC prop that Dasboata did for me. The leopard 4092 is 10mm longer than the stock dynamite motor according to its dimension specifications. Is the 4092 going to fit in the hull directly or am I going to need to hack away at the support brace or possibly cut and try to move it back a little bit...or cut the flex cable shorter? Any advice or anyone run into the same situation?
    I had to go to a 240 esc to swing that prop. Let us know how it dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolt Flash View Post

Thanks for your advice! I am not very experienced with modifying this particular boat so I will take every piece of advice I can get. Do you think the 180A Turnigy is not enough power or maybe will run too hot for that leopard motor? Its the winter here so we are modifying our boats for the spring...any pointers I could get now would be awesome. If the 180 Turnigy ESC is too small I will sell it and replace it with something else. What 240 ESC do you recommend? I'm Looking for 70mph speeds like Arrover did with his V-36.

I have done the same thing as Arrover had done [after reading what he was doing] after hours of research and reading on the OSE RTR Pro Boat Voracity site. With that prop being so big the SeaKing 180 [Same as Turnigy] would time out from I believe was the Amp draw after about 2 to 3 seconds of wide open throttle. Tried running the boat loose, timing, cell count, voltage cut off and prop size. Going to a smaller prop fixed the issue. So I found a Caslte Hydro Ice 240 used and it fixed the problem for me. Now I got in the upper 60's before it would shut off [SEAKING]. Once I changed to the 240 I could run 71.5 on a good day. The 240 has data logging and I could see that the amp draw was high. With this setup [mainly prop size]it is fast but you can't run to long or the Batteries will get to hot. Running the Octura x452 with this setup ran mid 60's with managable heat. On a side note after a season of running I finally got the Hydo wet and it quit running and I never ran a different 240 esc so maybe someone else could chime in on what to get. Just my experience,hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    You'll likely need to carve out room for the longer can. Don't bother trying to remove or move the entire brace, just make the room you need with a dremel bit.
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

Finished her up today...new motor, water jacket, ESC & prop.

Looks good. I knew it wouldn't take much to carve out a relief for the new motor. Can't wait to hear how the boat runs on the new setup. I think I'll be replacing my ESC for next summer, it was always running too hot on my setup.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolt Flash View Post
    Hot, too hot IMHO. I bought a dual pickup rudder from RCBB and not only does it not fit with this prop on it, it doesn't even fit with the old one installed. Will probably be ebaying the 180A ESC soon.