Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly the fastest revolt in the world

Default 102 MPH Revolt...bone stock except for secret prop.

Nice one.

That's in the 30's probably. The stock revolt isn't that fast.

After getting feedback from you guys I went back to the site to get more details to refine my approach.

It was flawed I will admit because I was able to accurately gauge the starting point.

But after taking the approach of using one object on the outside (the small buoy) and a parallel object on the opposite side.

I am able to gauge the starting by a) getting a ruler, b) play and phase the video until the bow of the boat line up between outside object and inside object, c) you can varify when it line up by connecting outside object and inside object together and noting where the bow meet the ruler connecting the two objects, d) leave video phased remove ruler and note the position of the boat, e) rewind the video and play it without stopping it, when the boat reach the noted point start timing and f) stop the timer at the finish line and that it you have your time.

Divide the distance by the time two get your average speed in feet per seconds.

Convert the feet per seconds to mph.

This is my refined method.

Here is a revolt doing 64mph http://youtu.be/QOwFz69boHM, this is faster than your boat. Here is one doing 55mph https://youtu.be/tHHLPICc0xs which looks to be around the speed of your Revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Nice one.

FYI..stock motor and m445 prop equals 48 mph on 4S.

I think the OP is using a very error prone method. If you want to do distance/time, you need electronic triggered gates, and you need to measure the distance accurately. Since the Op is just looking for speed, I can’t understand the resistance to a GPS, which works very good for the rest of us. This is a very round about way to make a claim. But the analyticals are way off and the Speed Calculator is showing that. So I’m just not sure what you’re expecting from us... I think you should just enjoy your boat and improve your reporting methods, or not report at all.

Holy crap!!!

I actually agree with Craig

Hope for the hopeless, eh?

possibly.

I just wanted to share this, the leopard 4092 is a monster, I running the 1730 kV 4092 and using the m545 octura I am getting an extra 19mph on GPS faster than what the aquacraft 1800 does with the m545 on 4s.

That is using 5s on the 1730kv 4092.

You guys should be able to get high 50's on 4s with this motor.

And high 60's to 70 or above 70 on 5s easily in the revolt.

Nice one.

Actually the stock Revolt is much faster than the 30's as you stated. After tuning my stock Revolt, I got easily 40mph+. On post #31. Doby's vidoe on that Revolt is certainly more than 30mph. . .more like 40mph or so

You probably aware that a m545 will add a lot more speed over the stock 4255, The 1730kv 4092 can a maybe another 9 to 10 mph on 4s and then the jump to 5s is like another 10 to 12mph.

Cool

65mph. I know that speed seems a lot for my setup. But I did some stuff to get extra power out of the motor....I am able to run 15 degrees timing on my d wind 4092 and still have the wires, connectors, motor and ESC at 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature like it don't change the only thing that gets hot is the ESC capacitors....The power I am getting you will not get normally. I am accomplish the same thing with the 2080 kV 4092...above 70 on 5S easily in the revolt...the power I am getting you will not normally get...
    There is no point in continuing this thread, the OP doesn’t want to listen to anyone, just argue. He clearly uses the force to attain the speeds he claims - wait, is it 100 mph or 75 mph or 68 mph or 65 mph? But it is easy to get over 70 on 5S? Sadly it’s been over two weeks and we still have no GPS reading even though he’s been back to the pond at least once. His setup should be good for around mid-50s, not shabby.

D-wind Motors make no additional power with timing advance over 0-4 degrees, just more heat. Or so says Steve Neu, motor designer.

Cool wires and connectors are an indication of low amp draw, meaning less power produced. Less power, less speed...

The power he is getting we will not normally get. Guess we need to listen, this one is strong with the force.

I’m done. Another one for the ignore list.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Where I live I think my boat losing a lot of speed compare to you guys, I was getting low 30's on GPS with the aquacraft 1800 and the octura m545 on 4s.

And that after upgrading to 6mm bullets.

I am getting 54mph on GPS with the 4092 1730kv on 5s. The GPS is lagging by a few mph I learn about the lag comparing to vehicle speedometer.

So I am getting another 20mph plus faster on GPS versus the aquacraft 1800 and m545 on 4s.

Since improving on my motor to ESC connection the temperatures has drop from melting solder off connectors to room temperature on the wires at 15 degrees timing.

And the speed has increase by a lot.

I decided to share this because I think it might help someone.

Any figure of 70mph with this set up on 5s is wishfull thinking, kv is kv x volts on a given prop. 1730kv x 5s (18.5v ) = 32000rpm unloaded ( 29000rpm loaded ), on X545 prop will give around 54mph. On 4s will give around 44-45mph.

Martin, stop wating your time with this guy. . .as fluid said "There is no point in continuing this thread, the OP doesn’t want to listen to anyone, just argue. He clearly uses the force to attain the speeds he claims" he is in hi own world full of Jedi knights, dragons and warp speeds. . .another one for the ignore list. . .done

Martin appreciate your input but I would like to say something.

My batteries are putting around 4v per cell loaded.

That's more like 19.5 to 20volts in my case.

I the 4092 is way more efficient than you think.

Some would have the aquacraft motor to be efficient but I will say this if the 4092 you think suppose to rev 29000 underload what should the aquacraft be reving?

Probably 17000 to 18000 rpm on 4s then?

This is my issue, last year I tried a dynamite GPS.

I was getting 35mph with the stock 4255, the octura m545 increased the speed to 42mph on that GPS.
    This was with the stock ESC and motor in my revolt.

I had a garmin 72h GPS about 7 ounches and kind of big when I used my garmin I was getting 32.7mph with the m545 on 4s.

9.3mph slower than what the dynamite read. I was puzzle I got myself a new aquacraft ESC and that increase the speed to 35.3mph. That's the most speed I was able to get with the garmin GPS.

I was racing some guys and they was getting over high 40's and over 50 on GPS. So they used to be telling me how I slow all the time.

I bought the 4092 1730kv leopard to compete with the guys. I was running 4s with the m545, the most I got at that point was 39.9 mph on my garmin.

The thing that had me puzzled was when I raced the guys sometimes the race would be a tie and I am racing boat recording low 50's mph on the dynamite GPS.

So hear I am racing someone I see recording 52mph on GPS and I getting mid to high 30's on my garmin GPS and being tied with him.

https://youtu.be/u9TcjuUXUz4
    In this link I am racing an impulse which was getting 48mph on the dynamite GPS and a mystic which was getting 51 to 52mph on the dynamite. And I was getting mid 30's on my garmin GPS.

I was the one circling at the start. Watch 25seconds to 28seconds closely in the video. At 25 seconds the mystic turns off, the impulse was full throttle coming from behind and I was at a still. At 26seconds I turn off and walk away leaving the impulse and it was clear the impulse was clearly slower than me.

I was thinking how he getting 48mph and I getting 35 to 37mph and my boat does that to him, I think I was similar in speed to the mystic which was recording 51 to 52mph at various times.

So I concluding my GPS was not reading on the same scale as they GPS. I mean how could a mid 30's boat walk away from a 48mph boat. Then I had to be over 50mph that's what I was thinking.

By the way the impulse had in a seaking 180 ESC, a 2200kv 3974 aquastar motor and an octura x642. So you know his 48mph should be right. So I show you from a video that my 1730kv 4092 beat a 3974 2200kv on 4s vs 4s.

So I went on to buy a dynamite GPS hoping to see my real speed. It turn out my dynamite GPS reads 1 to 1.5mph slower than my garmin GPS. So at this point I am still getting in the mid 30's on my GPS and right up they in speed with my friends who was getting over 50 mph on they dynamite GPS. While running 4s with my 4092 1730kv and the m545 prop.

So I went on to improve on certain things to improve electrical efficiency. So I saw an increase of .6mph on 2s. I was testing the improvements on 2s. My boat got to the point where I was hitting 32mph on my GPS on 3s. So now I was getting close to what I was doing on 4s but using 3s same m545 prop.

To give an illustration off what I was doing on 3s, I raced against the traxxas m41, he was running 6s and an upgraded octura prop. My boat was giving him trouble on 3s with the m545. He was getting about 45mph on GPS by the way.

Now I am getting 54mph on my GPS and I know it reading slower. So that's a Hugh jump from the times getting mid 30's and right they with the 50 to 52mph boats.

You cannot have a real idea what's going on with my boat based on others experience with the same motor.

Martin appreciate your input but I would like to say something.

My batteries are putting around 4v per cell loaded.

That's more like 19.5 to 20volts in my case.

I the 4092 is way more efficient than you think.

Some would have the aquacraft motor to be efficient but I will say this if the 4092 you think suppose to rev 29000 underload what should the aquacraft be reving?

Probably 17000 to 18000 rpm on 4s then?

This is my issue, last year I tried a dynamite GPS.

I was getting 35mph with the stock 4255, the octura m545 increased the speed to 42mph on that GPS.
    This was with the stock ESC and motor in my revolt.

I had a garmin 72h GPS about 7 ounches and kind of big when I used my garmin I was getting 32.7mph with the m545 on 4s.

9.3mph slower than what the dynamite read. I was puzzle I got myself a new aquacraft ESC and that increase the speed to 35.3mph. That's the most speed I was able to get with the garmin GPS.

I was racing some guys and they was getting over high 40's and over 50 on GPS. So they used to be telling me how I slow all the time.

I bought the 4092 1730kv leopard to compete with the guys. I was running 4s with the m545, the most I got at that point was 39.9 mph on my garmin.

The thing that had me puzzled was when I raced the guys sometimes the race would be a tie and I am racing boat recording low 50's mph on the dynamite GPS.

So hear I am racing someone I see recording 52mph on GPS and I getting mid to high 30's on my garmin GPS and being tied with him.

https://youtu.be/u9TcjuUXUz4
    In this link I am racing an impulse which was getting 48mph on the dynamite GPS and a mystic which was getting 51 to 52mph on the dynamite. And I was getting mid 30's on my garmin GPS.

I was the one circling at the start. Watch 25seconds to 28seconds closely in the video. At 25 seconds the mystic turns off, the impulse was full throttle coming from behind and I was at a still. At 26seconds I turn off and walk away leaving the impulse and it was clear the impulse was clearly slower than me.

I was thinking how he getting 48mph and I getting 35 to 37mph and my boat does that to him, I think I was similar in speed to the mystic which was recording 51 to 52mph at various times.

So I concluding my GPS was not reading on the same scale as they GPS. I mean how could a mid 30's boat walk away from a 48mph boat. Then I had to be over 50mph that's what I was thinking.

By the way the impulse had in a seaking 180 ESC, a 2200kv 3974 aquastar motor and an octura x642. So you know his 48mph should be right. So I show you from a video that my 1730kv 4092 beat a 3974 2200kv on 4s vs 4s.

So I went on to buy a dynamite GPS hoping to see my real speed. It turn out my dynamite GPS reads 1 to 1.5mph slower than my garmin GPS. So at this point I am still getting in the mid 30's on my GPS and right up they in speed with my friends who was getting over 50 mph on they dynamite GPS. While running 4s with my 4092 1730kv and the m545 prop.

So I went on to improve on certain things to improve electrical efficiency. So I saw an increase of .6mph on 2s. I was testing the improvements on 2s. My boat got to the point where I was hitting 32mph on my GPS on 3s. So now I was getting close to what I was doing on 4s but using 3s same m545 prop.

To give an illustration off what I was doing on 3s, I raced against the traxxas m41, he was running 6s and an upgraded octura prop. My boat was giving him trouble on 3s with the m545. He was getting about 45mph on GPS by the way.

Now I am getting 54mph on my GPS and I know it reading slower. So that's a Hugh jump from the times getting mid 30's and right they with the 50 to 52mph boats.

You cannot have a real idea what's going on with my boat based on others experience with the same motor.
    i have never read thread on this forum full of so much bull*!***!***!***!** in my life! just stop dude. please. its embarrassing.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

How is your boat different with same motor?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12