Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly the fastest revolt in the world

Default Possibly the fastest revolt in the world

https://youtu.be/T4HbxmleBhI

This boat covered two buoys 131 apart in .9 second

Thumbs down

Sorry, that time and distance are right at 100 mph. The fastest FE mono in the world has a top speed around 110 mph on 10S. That’s not 100 mph. Time is wrong.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I didn’t think so either. Looked about 60 to me....

Video title is a joke...I hope it was meant as that.

This boat is doing more than double the speed of a stock traxxas spartan on 6s.

I ran an impulse 31 version 2 on 5s with an octura m545, 6mm bullets upgrade esc, the impulse hit 47mph on GPS on the run at the same location. The impulse took 2 seconds through the same buoys.

I'm sorry but that definitely is not the fastest Revolt 30 in the world. Craig gave you more credit with 60mph. . .it looks more like 47-50mph. Check out other YouTube videos of Revolt 30's doing 60mph+ and you'll see the difference.. . .BIG DIFFERENCE.

It looks like a beautiful place to go boating.

No doubt the boat is capable of more, but with the quick blip shown in the video and it accelerating all the way through, I doubt it averaged over 50mph between the bouys.

I suspect the foreshortening perspective is giving you eronious results, the 2 buoys are in a line, but between a single viewpoint ie, the camera or yourself and the buoys forms a triangle, when running a boat between the buoys and the viewpoint you are running across the legs of the triangle which will not be as far apart as the bouys, the closer to the viewpoint the bouys are the worse the effect, and the further away from the bouys you run the worse the effect. you need 2 viewpoint to eliminate this effect as are used at SAWs, but zooming the camera in and placing the camera inland as far as is practical, then running once in front of the bouys then once behind the bouys and averaging the times will give you a much more realistic speed reading.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

With the given info on Youtube it calculates to around 54 mph, which looks not to much off the speed in the video. That is no where near double the speed of a good Spartan set up correctly on 6s, if that is double the speed of a Spartan then who evers Spartan it was is def not running right.

Heres a Pursuit doing just 75mph http://youtu.be/P7KSjBjxSu8, I think it is running much faster than the Revolt is ever doing

Delete.

Cool

THIS is a 100 mph mono. See the difference?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7sIkoazeU

Lucky if its doing just over 50....Gotta love UTube.

At the beginning of 7 seconds into the video there is a buoy appearing small out to the left, then at the beginning of 8 seconds there is a buoy a little in front of the boat.

Walk on the road if you line up with the small buoy then proceed to walk forward and you line up with the large buoy in front of the boat at 8seconds into the video. The distance you would walk is 131 feet.

Certain camera view makes it appear a little faster than others but the boat is easily well over 100 feet per second.

Depending on what the video is viewed on it times at .9 seconds on a stop watch between the two points.

When I connect my phone to a computer and view the video on a big HD screen where the buoys appear larger.

I would start time slightly before the first buoy at stop when it reach the larger buoy and the stopwatch would show anywhere from .88 to 1.05 seconds.

So I am sure about the distance but view from a phone the make it harder to judge.

So the boat might not be doing a 100 mph I said that base on timing from the big screen computer monitor.

But I am sure it is doing well over 100 feet per second easily.

I also have a video save with my impulse running through the same area and the impulse took 1.88 seconds before it flipped and did not clear the complete distance between the two buoys.

The impulse hit 47mph on GPS, I was running 5s an m545 and the aquacraft 1800kv motor.

I also had clips other boats recording 45mph on GPS and took around 2seconds between the points.

And the same device I time those other boats with I timed my revolt with and time between .88 to 1.05 seconds.

So I am sure based on all these boats I had for comparison on video in the same location I know I can't be that far off.

And in that group had boats on 6s too.

You have a high 40/low 50 mph boat there...nothing wrong with that...but thats all.

https://youtu.be/5g8RW9Dr2PA

In this above video at 2 seconds in to this video the little boat is at the bigger buoy in the revolt video, when the my impulse when air Bourne the buoy on the right at the 4 second mark is the first buoy in the revolt video to its left.

In this video the impulse did 47mph with a dynamite GPS, so you looking at approaching 2 seconds for a 47mph boat to cover buoy to buoy.

In the revolt video the revolt covered the same distance in slightly over 1second if you want judge hard that way faster than high 40's.

The revolt is atleast 1.6 times faster than the impulse which did 47mph. If you judging hard.

One more thing I measured the 131 feet after the video was taped.
    I studied the video and I used the images of the buoys for reference to know where to measure.

I factored in the angle the boat was running in relation to the buoys.

Just as you see the little buoy out left at the start of 7 seconds depending what the video is view on and the view used to see it.

Along the road when I lined up with the little bouy I walked in a straight line and measured the distance to line up with the bigger buoy at the 8 second mark.

131 feet.

Measurement was taken to get an idea what the boat was really doing. Based on what I saw and timed in the video.

I live close to the area so I went back down to the location after studying the video thoroughly to get the measurements. Based and what was seen in the video.

Another hint when you seeing the little buoy at the start of 7 seconds you cannot see the big buoy because it true a good space between them.

You may also find it difficult to get the little buoy and the bigger one to appear on the same screen in the video. It takes up almost the length of the screen to capture the two of the bouys.

I think he's right. This same approximation method is how NASA calculates speed for aerospace. The key is to close one eye.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I stand corrected..looks like warp factor 4 now.

Cool

...The revolt is atleast 1.6 times faster than the impulse which did 47mph. If you judging hard.
    But wait, is it 68 mph or 75 mph or 100 mph? Changing the claimed speed multiple times when challenged does little to add credibility to the thread. Instead of a misleading video, why doesn’t the OP just put a GPS in the boat like he did with the Impulse?

Does the boat have the motor rpm and prop pitch to even reach those speeds? Is it running 4S, 6S or 8S? What Kv? What prop? If the OP wants anyone to believe his claimed speed (whichever it is) he’ll post the specs of the boat and run the boat with a GPS over the same course. It is a nice running boat, but it’s not a 100 mph boat.

If you look @ the description posted with the video it is a Leopard 4092 1730kv on 5s with m545 prop, calculates to mid 50s.

32000 rpm unloaded on 5s so around 28000 rpm loaded on m545 prop, no where near the claimed speed.

https://youtu.be/Dg1WJGLZHY0

This is it running the week before.

I don't know for sure how fast it's really doing but I think it over 70mph for sure.

Other boats I know doing over 50 on gps I know is nowhere near what this was doing.

I had bad experiences with GPS which is why I choose to make videos and measure points and time off of the videos.

I was racing someone who was high 50's close to 60 on GPS and me and him had a real close race.

I racing racing with the impulse 31 v2. When I GPS after the race it did 49mph according to the GPS. The boat race 325 measured feet in 3.57 seconds so I know it was much faster than 49mph the guy I raced was almost identical speed may be slightly faster, but he was getting close to 60 on GPS.

https://youtu.be/Quf7livwN4M
    Our race in the video above.

So I don't have much confidence in GPS because of the above.

You need to stop "thinking" how fast you are running.

The calculations don't add up.
    The videos you posted don't add up to anyone with some experience.

The short speed runs you are doing wont even give your boat a chance to get to full speed.

You do however have a very nice running 50 (ish) MPH boat.

Keep on messing around with it...thats part of the fun!

I think you need to use at least 250’ of straight on your runs. Your GPS readings are inaccurate because your acceleration bursts are too short. You need to keep in it for a least 2 seconds.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

I went to the location of the video and identified some items on the land that I was able to identify in the video.

The objective was to identify objects on that land that's parallel to the buoys.

In this way I was able to connect the buoys and the items in the video.

This help me identify the area in the water which would be the starting point. And the end point.

After identifying the point then timing the boat again I got 1.37 seconds. Through 131 feet.

65mph.

I know that speed seems a lot for my setup. But I did some stuff to get extra power out of the motor.

I am able to run 15 degrees timing on my d wind 4092 and still have the wires, connectors, motor and ESC at 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature like it don't change the only thing that gets hot is the ESC capacitors.

The power I am getting you will not get normally. I am accomplish the same thing with the 2080 kV 4092,

And your speed comes down again. Ready to concede your method is tragically flawed?

I opened the wires coming out of the motor, scrap on isulation, then put the ESC wires inside the motor wires and soldered it with flux. So its almost like the ESC wire and motor wire is one solid wire.

The battery connectors are firmly connected.

The revolt trim tabs were set to keep the boat from blowing off.

So a typical revolt cannot get close to the speeds I am doing in my area.

And the 4092 likely will not put out the power I am getting.

So trying to calculate what I should be doing would be offset.

Because of how stable my boat runs it enhance the propeller efficiency too. No bouncing or chine walking it is just planted.

Also the boat total ready to run weight is 5 pounds 3 ounces with batteries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast