Thread: My first big twin build completed

Default My first big twin build completed

Well fellas this boat has been long in the making. It was originally mine but regrettably I had to sell it because I had a heart surgery coming up. I’m pretty bummed about it now that it’s finally finished. I’m super pleased with how it came out. I guess I’ll have to build another one. Here’s the details:

41” Fantasm (zonda) carbon hull
    Fiberglass hatch painted black pearl
    Mbp dives with a ball bearing conversion, Thick teflon liners
    .187 flex, I converted the drives to regular flex cables because it’s hard to get the special mbp shaft.
    Large pull pull rudder. I was gonna use an mbp but I didn’t like the fitment or look.
    Tp power 4050 2000kv motors
    Sf 220 pro escs
    Spektrum s6230 servo (favorite servo)
    Stainless collets
    Custom cut carbon battery trays from mono Jeff
    Custom cut carbon servo mount and carbon esc mount
    8mm motor and battery bullets
    Carbon fiber air dam
    Hull reinforced with epoxy in the tips and carbon inlay
    Black powder coated thumbscrews for hatch

Boat should do triple digits on 6s. Should be a fun sport setup on 4s. Hopefully I test it in the next few days and then it’s time to shop it off.

Pics....enjoy and let me know what you think!

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Few more pics

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Looks solid. What rudder hydraulics did you use? Oh, and this doesn't have to be your biggest for long... 114 time!

I was wondering, are your struts skewed to drive inward? The pic makes it look that way. You’re really getting me fired up for a twin build! I’ve also had some thoughts about a twin hydro experiment...

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    I was wondering, are your struts skewed to drive inward? The pic makes it look that way. You’re really getting me fired up for a twin build! I’ve also had some thoughts about a twin hydro experiment...
    They aren’t. The pic does that for some reason. If you looks at other twin pics it does the same thing from that angle

Can't wait to see vids of this beast

Travis

Very nice work as always.
    Sorry to hear about your upcoming heart surgery again.
    Remember - don't forget the blow up doll.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Travis

Very nice work as always.
    Sorry to hear about your upcoming heart surgery again.
    Remember - don't forget the blow up doll.

Larry
    I’m not having another heart surgery lol. I’m having a colonoscopy tomorrow. I had diverticulitis a couple moths ago with an abscess and they put me on some strong meds to shrink it. Three ct scans later and it’s gone. Tomorrow I’m getting checked out to make sure there’s nothing else to worry with. Ugh.

hope it all goes smoothly
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Nice job Travis. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Shall we be expecting some good numbers out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Nice job Travis. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Shall we be expecting some good numbers out of this?
    I’m good fellas. I’m not gonna lie, colon cancer runs on my dads side so I was pretty stressed about that. Everything looked good. Had two very small polyps and they clipped those. But all good and I feel better now because I was worried.

Hopefully we gonna have some good numbers. Really the owner would be happy with anything over 90 but it should do better than that. I will have only 1814-17-45 props on it so a little conservative for now. If he wants to bump it up we can.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I’m good fellas. I’m not gonna lie, colon cancer runs on my dads side so I was pretty stressed about that. Everything looked good. Had two very small polyps and they clipped those. But all good and I feel better now because I was worried.

Hopefully we gonna have some good numbers. Really the owner would be happy with anything over 90 but it should do better than that. I will have only 1814-17-45 props on it so a little conservative for now. If he wants to bump it up we can.
    Glad all went well, the 1814’s should get you that 90 all trimmed out.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post

My mom's dad died from colon cancer, that is in the gene's so it is good you got checked. Boat looks awesome looking forward to some videos.

What rudder hydraulics did you use? And are those the OSE 8mm battery terminals?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

The construction looks great.
    Good thing it went well!

Hello all, this boat was built for me. It was a awesome choosing parts & working with Travis throughout the process. Such an amazing concept aftsnan & even better person to deal with. I have unfortunately not had a chance to even run it as I had back surgery this spring & am still off work with plenty of restrictions. But I did get a chance to apply the graphics I had in mind from the beginning. These vinyl graphics were from MHZ. They were designed to fit there Jollymotor cat & I adapted them to fit this smaller hull. I’m very stoked how the graphics look on top of the Carbonfiber & wanted to share some pics. I doubt I will get a chance to run it this year as time is running out here in Michigan. D2F8E308-D457-47AB-A716-C0FC7DFDA4A8.jpgC29136CB-B14E-4DA3-848A-82AF35B7CD39.jpg43E2B81D-FDFF-43E4-B1BC-B699662FDA40.jpg79190B32-9C0F-4ED0-905E-E9CD9D0F87AB.jpg20ACC81B-3140-47C3-85EF-AE6D4BDC4B2A.jpg
    Last edited by Hi8iS; 09-06-2018 at 09:36 AM.

That looks amazing! Lemme fix the pics for you.

If I doubt posted any I apologize. I’m at work in a hurry. Lol.

Thanks Travis!

Now if the Dr will raise the weight limit I can lift to allow me to pick the thing up & drag it to the lake lol.